Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Linux Developers?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Any Linux Developers?

Given that right now we don't have time to develop a Linux port of EFILive, I'd like to find out if there are any Linux software developers here that would be interested in developing "proof of concept" software.

The software would provide the same features as EFILive_Hapi. It wouldn't necessarily need to be a GUI app (but bonus points if it is), just a background daemon that implements the EFILive HAPI (Hardware Application Programming Interface).

It would need to use the Linux drivers for the FTDI chip available from www.ftdichip.com.

The EFILive HAPI spec will be available to third party developers, one it has been documented .

I don't know where it might end up, but there's no harm in exploring the option... Any takers?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Paul, I'm a linux driver developer (among other things)...

I could try it if it's not too daunting a task... (at the moment my schedule is pretty tight)... or I could at the very least help out.

I know how to use stdlib but I don't know how to use the graphical interface(s).

C is my language.

Lifetime Member

I'm a linux... a lot of things? i've done some very basic kernel stuff, but mostly reside in the userland. what do you need done?

I'm a Linux newbie currently running Ubuntu .

I'd be willing to help test using Linux. I have a bench harness for PCM's and EFI Live sitting right here. Can test it with the laptop, all good, then test with the PC.

Looks like interest is piling up.

Maybe one day I'll meet joecar and he will teach me a thing or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
    ...Maybe one day I'll meet joecar and he will teach me a thing or two.
    We'll do that...

I found a bug in the HP-UX port of GNU Core Utils, does that count for anything????

I downloaded the FTDI drivers ( the native USB ones not the VCP ones, I hope I guessed right ) and installed them. Had a quick look at the test code and then went back to work.

Simon

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post

The EFILive HAPI spec will be available to third party developers, one it has been documented .

I don't know where it might end up, but there's no harm in exploring the option... Any takers?

Regards
    Paul
    I write the Moates.net FORD QuarterHorse, BURN1/BURN2, Ostrich 2.0 software ("FORD equiv of RoadRunner (actually uses moates RR protocols), chip burner, etc") and I speak FTDI, LC1, etc. All done in C/C++/Windows.

No Linux for me, but would be highly interested in a 3rd party DLL, libs, just for fun or whatever.
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

[QUOTE=TFZ_Z06;94002}
    ...No Linux for me, but would be highly interested in a 3rd party DLL, libs, just for fun or whatever.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean No Linux? If you write all that Moates stuff, how come you haven't played with Linux any, or do you prefer Windows?

I've recently installed Linux and have been playing around with it slowly. Time consuming versus Windows to do some things, but Ubuntu is pretty friendly.

I'd be interested in this as well.

It looks like there is a fair amount of experience in here; I'm sure one of us could come up with something.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TFZ_Z06 View Post
    I write the Moates.net FORD QuarterHorse, BURN1/BURN2, Ostrich 2.0 software ("FORD equiv of RoadRunner (actually uses moates RR protocols), chip burner, etc") and I speak FTDI, LC1, etc. All done in C/C++/Windows.

No Linux for me, but would be highly interested in a 3rd party DLL, libs, just for fun or whatever.
    The EFILive_Hapi interface specifications will be available for third party's to code against on Windows platforms (as soon as I get time to document it). That API will provide access to the FlashScan and AutoCal devices and allow you to write your own scan tool software.

If you want to get a head start, you can see/study the messages sent to/from the EFILive_Hapi application in the "Trace" section.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast