Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
Is it worth the time spent on R&D for an OS that most people do not use?
What about all the other issues that will need to be dealt
with two different OS's running beta software?
Besides Commadore support needs to come first.
I've been using computers for the past 14 years. Wanted one for 3-4 years but family would not provide one. Kept promising me one, even got no Christmas presents one year and was SUPPOSED to get a computer, and never got jack shit (Family financial problems arose). Finally got fucking pissed waiting for others to do stuff for me and went and hustled Magic: The Gathering cards and made $1,300 cash and bought my first PC. (For those that know about Magic, profit from 10 cards paid for my computer: I had an Alpha Black Lotus, Unlimited Black Lotus, a MOX set, and a rare blue set [timetwister, the extra turn time card, and the draw extra cards card]. Bought the MOXES for about $40-50 each, and sold them for about $90-100 or traded for valuable cards.

First PC was a 133mhz Pentium, of course I still remember it and the ABIT motherboard that powered it.

I finally installed Linux early last year. Learned on a friends PC when I was about 9 or 10 on Windows 3.11. Then Windows 95 myself and with friends. Then Windows 98 on my first PC (woot woot!), then win 98 second edition, then win 2000, then windows XP and now Winblows Vista.

The reason I'm switching to Linux is I think Microsoft should have made a better product from the get go. Their company is for profit. They shouldn't make such garbage/shit, but they do, and they get away with it, and they get away with overcharging. So, I did not buy Vista (came preloaded on a laptop), and my desktop runs Linux. Even got my girlfriend familiar with Linux. Ubuntu is pretty easy to use, no Kernel compiling, etc.

If anybody has any Magic: The Gathering cards, I want the MOX set, a black lotus, and another rare blue set. =)