Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Linux Developers?

Pascal will do Delphi ports and works with Linux .
    Man 2 Unix people and still no closer to a Linux version of EFIlive !
    BitKeeper sucks charging and forcing a change to git .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

You will like git.

Yeah finally listened to a pod cast of Linus on git at Google .
    Pretty cool stuff for kernel development .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Lifetime Member

Linux based car gizmos, kinda cheezy, but with potential

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5568675744.html

Lifetime Member

why move to linux?

Almost all SLOW PCs run windows XP...

The EEEPCs, which are for me the PCs I am looking to use while programming, work just fine for this purpose...

Why not develop an iphone APP and a smaller V2? a la V1 that connects directly to it and you can make the changes there? V1 shouldn't have been dropped... Just upgraded... maybe a direct cable connecting to the iphone would be awesome at least for scanning and/or as a BBF BBL.

I guess that instead of moving to another platform, you guys should develop ford/chrysler scanning capabilities... I would certainly pay extra right now for it.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Lifetime Member

because paying 200$ for OS on a $200 piece of hardware is silly. it made more sense when computers were 3000$, but not in the era of netbooks.

Lifetime Member

Oh please Marcin....... XP is not that expensive anyhow... Do you need a key??? I have a technet sub.

That is like saying... Paying $12-14k for the full efilive software on a $200 piece of hardware is super silly.....

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    why move to linux?

Almost all SLOW PCs run windows XP...

The EEEPCs, which are for me the PCs I am looking to use while programming, work just fine for this purpose...

Why not develop an iphone APP and a smaller V2? a la V1 that connects directly to it and you can make the changes there? V1 shouldn't have been dropped... Just upgraded... maybe a direct cable connecting to the iphone would be awesome at least for scanning and/or as a BBF BBL.

I guess that instead of moving to another platform, you guys should develop ford/chrysler scanning capabilities... I would certainly pay extra right now for it.
    Hmmm , because I hate feeding a huge Corporate giant more and more money , while they force upgrades to inferior software .
    Yeah , iPhones are dropping to below $100 bucks , but really would not want to tune through my phone (667MHz processor) .
    How about a V3 with embedded Linux that could work as a phone , netbook , GPS , TV and tuning/scanner . I'd buy one !

Oh please Marcin....... XP is not that expensive anyhow... Do you need a key??? I have a technet sub.

That is like saying... Paying $12-14k for the full efilive software on a $200 piece of hardware is super silly.....
    Why do you need to subscribe and pay to a site to get illegal numbers for a crappy software , when you can run Linux for free , no license and not be illegal ?
    I have a gut feeling that tuning automobiles is going to get tougher and tougher and maybe to the point of not doable at all . $.2
    2006 Trailblazer

Lifetime Member

I didn't know Technet was illegal... I better call microsoft as they are the ones that charge me for my technet subscription!

The only reason would be to make efilive on a dedicated device with more common and simple hardware. Just like Snap On does with the modis(although they use XP, which makes it more expensive). Not having to pay a M$ license will mean the product will be more affordable... Same thing as GM does with their TIVO boxes to dealers... They all run linux...

Other than that... If the scope is to keep this a different hardware like V2 for a PC based connection, I see no reason to run Linux.

I didn't know Technet was illegal... I better call microsoft as they are the ones that charge me for my technet subscription!
    LOL , might be check with the the EU .
    Sorry miss read the post , so you get them for free ?
    I would like to point out that if he gives or sells outside his agreement it is illegal !
    Last edited by Chevy366; June 11th, 2009 at 03:36 AM.
    2006 Trailblazer

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast