Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EFILive Version 8 (Black Box Logging) is now available

You can open EE and program it.

It tells me no newer updates are available.
    My sig is current BTW.
    Last edited by mr.prick; May 15th, 2009 at 02:58 PM.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    The auto update will not download Build 53,
    I'm stuck on Build 52.
    I have not made an auto update for build 53. Just download and install the latest full release.
    Also take note of the firmware problem with V2.06.08 and make sure you download and install the V2.06.09 firmware.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    When setting up custom units and you click the clear button, it exits back to the main BBL window. Shouldnt it just clear the values and keep the custom units pane open? Does it regardless if there are values in the min/max fields or not.
    That's a bug. Will be fixed.

Another question, any way to make it so when you put a PID in the Selected PIDs area in S&T BBL to have them disappear from Available PIDs? Right now when you add the same PID again it just moves where the PID was in the list, but I think having it disappear completely from the Available PIDs is a good idea.
    Its probably a good idea, I'm not sure how much work it would be to add that feature. But I'll keep it in mind.

Third round here, whew! When you add a new controller selection, go to add the PIDs you wish to scan with, save the Options.txt file to your PC, and then click Program it appears everything works properly. However if you are using a different controller that you have not copied the *.pmm file to V2 already it will NOT program the new *.pmm file that isnt on V2 without first closing and restarting S&T BBL. (ie I made a dummy LS1 99-08 PID selection and programmed it but the LS1 99-09 .pmm file was not copied over.) Doesnt matter if I select Program All PMM Files (slower) or not, doesnt copy the new .pmm's till the program is relaunched.
    I've seen similar issues and I am working on fixing them...

Thanks for the legwork.

Regards
    Paul

One suggestion to idiot proof the software, checking both the "Program PID Selections Only" and "Program All PMM Files" at the same time, it only programs the PID selections...doh! To save people like me from myself, perhaps those could be radio buttons rather than check boxes.
    2007 Chevy 2500 Classic, LBZ Duramax, 4X4, LT3, CCSB Mods so far: Nicktane Fuel Filter, EFILive V2, PAC AAI-GM24 Aux Stereo Input (great for connecting the MP3 player).

I've done a little bit of testing over the last couple of days as we drive to QLD from Melbourne. I've seen a couple of funny things happen that may not be a real test, as I'm logging the T42 in a V6 Sportswagon.

1. If you connect the V2, then turn on the ignition, you get error chimes and alerts on the dash to say that ESP and ABS are disabled. This is very much like the early days with BBL and the E38. however, just to complicates things...
      • If you connect the V2 after the car is running, there are no errors and ESP and ABS are fine.
      • Laptop logging does not cause the errors either.
    2. When completing a BBL session by pressing the <Cancel> button, the V2 indicates that the file is saved and then appears to hang. Previously it would drop back to the main menu but now it sits at the screen showing the file number. If I then press<Cancel> or <OK> the V2 saves a trace file and appears to hang at the trace file name just like the log file. Pressing <Cancel> or <OK> again returns to the main menu.

I'm not sure if this was a diagnostic mode that was left in or not.

If you want me to upload a log and a trace, let me know.

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by dinorex44 View Post
    One suggestion to idiot proof the software, checking both the "Program PID Selections Only" and "Program All PMM Files" at the same time, it only programs the PID selections...doh! To save people like me from myself, perhaps those could be radio buttons rather than check boxes.
    +1
    Also if you unplug the v2 when its starting to record it looks like the config filesystem gets corrupt. The error "no options.txt" is shown and you have to reformat and rewrite the pmm and options file to the unit again.
    That is bad if you only have the v2 unit in the fireup lane
    This has happened to me 2x
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Quote Originally Posted by dinorex44 View Post
    Hmm, I see what you mean.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    If you connect the V2, then turn on the ignition, you get error chimes and alerts on the dash to say that ESP and ABS are disabled. This is very much like the early days with BBL and the E38. however, just to complicates things...
    • If you connect the V2 after the car is running, there are no errors and ESP and ABS are fine.
    • Laptop logging does not cause the errors either.

I see that here sometimes as well. Still trying to figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    I'm not sure if this was a diagnostic mode that was left in or not.
    When completing a BBL session by pressing the <Cancel> button, the V2 indicates that the file is saved and then appears to hang. Previously it would drop back to the main menu but now it sits at the screen showing the file number. If I then press<Cancel> or <OK> the V2 saves a trace file and appears to hang at the trace file name just like the log file. Pressing <Cancel> or <OK> again returns to the main menu.
    That sounds like the time limit for displaying alerts/errors is set too high. Check in "Edit Settings" that the times for Alerts and Errors are set to reasonable values.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ringram View Post
    +1
    Also if you unplug the v2 when its starting to record it looks like the config filesystem gets corrupt. The error "no options.txt" is shown and you have to reformat and rewrite the pmm and options file to the unit again.
    That is bad if you only have the v2 unit in the fireup lane
    This has happened to me 2x
    The file system can easily get corrupted, same as if you pulled power from a PC while it was writing to disk.
    That is a real show stopper if you don't have immediate access to a PC to reformat the Config file system.

What I have been working on is a way to maintain a backup of the Config file system on an SD card. That way if the corruption happens, you can plug in the "Recovery SD Card" and get FlashScan to reformat the Config file system and restore the Options.txt, Settings.dat and *.pmm files.

Regards
    Paul

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast