Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: EFILive Version 8 (Black Box Logging) is now available

Lifetime Member

Default Do you have these issues on the list already?

Hi guys, EFILive BBL etc: fabulous capability taking shape there.

PID editor is right out there! It was all kinda hard before this great tool!

A few issues come to light today as I wade through the learning curve of using build 55 capabilties etc.

These may have been reported already and already be on the to do list, so I will keep it short:

A/. For BBL display or log pids, V2 Selects both WB02 sensors on BBL. i.e. in options select one sensor, on scan/log two are presented. Seems that they always use 3 lines each too. Could do with just Lambda.

B/. Some items that are selected, are in log, do not appear on V2 BBL screen.

C/. Some items that are selected, are not in log, do not appear on V2 BBL screen - examples:

TCM VSS PID when selected has gone missing from V2 and log....it worked before.

PID's SCALCORVE_M & it uncorrected partner while listed in the FS V2 PID list, do not appear on the V2 or log.

Probably a few others to come.... :0

D/. Selecting Lambda in Flashscan and Autocal Device Settings "F7" sees EQR on the V2. (can be changed in V2 options.)

E/. De-selecting "Auto Select all digital PID's", turns all digital off. (i.e.needs 0,1,2 option ?)

F/. Selecting 1 Wideband sets in the editor or in the V2 selects both WB PIDs. Techedge WB. (see also A....I may be stuttering.... )

G/. In FS/AC PID selections, ECM PID descriptions come and go, and descriptions get out of order.

H/. Sometimes V2 will notify writing log file, but nothing ends up on the SD card.

Back to the grind.....

Cheers, Ian

PS - For those of us with 64k row limits in XL, it would be good when exporting large logs if they produce a seperate file (auto) for every 64k rows or so. Not the end of the world of course.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the detailed write up. It is taking me a while to go through and investigate the points you raised. I'll post my results/updates in this thread. Feel free to post a reminder if I have not posted by end of next week.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Hi Ian,

Thanks for the detailed write up. It is taking me a while to go through and investigate the points you raised. I'll post my results/updates in this thread. Feel free to post a reminder if I have not posted by end of next week.

Regards
    Paul
    No worries Paul. Please let me know if you know need more details.

Also came across another one today:

I have EQ_RAT and AFRATIO_M as selected PID's in BBL. They both appear on the list in the LCD on the V2, but EQ_RAT does not make it into the log.

Cheers, Ian

Lifetime Member

And another...though am sure this is not a bug, but by design intent, and that is:

When VSS for example is selected from ECM and also from TCM, only one will "stick" in the Scan and Tune editor.

Similar if the options.txt is edited to add in what the editor wont, V2 BBL uses the first VSS PID and ignores the second.

Previously both could be used.

I can see the editor and the V2 are doing the right thing as two may be selected by accident, and they uses channels, but there are times when both are relevant.

Maybe an option ?

Thanksyou!

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    And another...though am sure this is not a bug, but by design intent, and that is:

When VSS for example is selected from ECM and also from TCM, only one will "stick" in the Scan and Tune editor.

Similar if the options.txt is edited to add in what the editor wont, V2 BBL uses the first VSS PID and ignores the second.

Previously both could be used.

I can see the editor and the V2 are doing the right thing as two may be selected by accident, and they uses channels, but there are times when both are relevant.

Maybe an option ?

Thanksyou!
    By design, PIDs with the same name form different controllers can be selected. however, the BBL firmware in FlashScan V2 is currently set up to emulate the *.efi log file format for the V7 software. That *.efi log file format cannot handle PIDs with the same name from different controllers so only the first one is used, the second one is ignored.

Once the V8 scan tool softwar eis ready, the FlashScan firmware will be switched over to the V8 style log files which will allow multiple PIDs with the same name.

I had overlooked the fact that you can still select 2 PIDs with the same name in the BBL setup software. Even though they can't be logged - yet.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    By design, PIDs with the same name form different controllers can be selected. however, the BBL firmware in FlashScan V2 is currently set up to emulate the *.efi log file format for the V7 software. That *.efi log file format cannot handle PIDs with the same name from different controllers so only the first one is used, the second one is ignored.

Once the V8 scan tool softwar eis ready, the FlashScan firmware will be switched over to the V8 style log files which will allow multiple PIDs with the same name.

I had overlooked the fact that you can still select 2 PIDs with the same name in the BBL setup software. Even though they can't be logged - yet.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul.

Quick question re: the latest firmware. has any one else noticed that the "auto pause" function no longer works? Previously, if you turned off the ignition, the V2 would sense the engine shutdown and pause the log. Now it seems to continue logging.

Simon.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Quick question re: the latest firmware. has any one else noticed that the "auto pause" function no longer works? Previously, if you turned off the ignition, the V2 would sense the engine shutdown and pause the log. Now it seems to continue logging.

Simon.
    I checked this a couple days ago and thought it did pause on engine off. Will re-check now that you raise this.

Cheers, Ian

It will only pause if the ECM stops sending data after ignition off.

I've seen vehicles stop sending data 5-10 seconds after ignition off (mostly VPW vehicles).
    I've seen vehicles continue to send data after ignition off until I got bored waiting for it to stop (mostly CAN vehicles).

The only way to be sure is to press the Ok button of FlashScan to manually pause recording.

I guess something that would be nice (I've thought about doing this for a while) is to have two triggers that control pausing.

1. If VSS is zero for at least "n" seconds, then stop recording until VSS is greater than zero again.
    2. If RPM is zero for at least "n" seconds, then stop recording until RPM is greater than zero again.

I think that would help take a lot of dead data out of road logs. I would also make the scanner insert flags into the log file when the data was automatically paused and re-started to avoid surprises when analyzing the data later.

Regards
    Paul

Hmmm.... this is what happened to me, see post #18: showthread.php?p=96099

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast