Thread: AutoVE done.....what next?

Default AutoVE done.....what next?

OK, I've been playing and tinkering around for a while now and "think" I've got myself to a safish place.

I've done the AutoVE process twice and things are within the tolerences suggested on here (.01) for a large chunk of the table.

I've included my tun file and would appreciate if anyone would have a quick look and let me know if anything looks "odd" or dangerous.

So my question then is: Should I now come out of AutoVE mode (re-enable DFCO etc etc) or should I move onto whatever is next??

I've got a MAF fitted, but I've never had it plugged in, if it's going to be a pain I'm happy to leave it out of the equation, alternativly if it's usefull I'm happy to put it in the mix.....would I have to re-do AutoVE if I activate the MAF??

I have the obligatory bucking to get rid of between 1700 and 1900, but want to leave that until all the basics are done (I think they are now, but would appreciate a seasoned eye confirming that).

The details of the engine are in my sig block.

Many thanks

Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.
    All wrapped up in a 2000Lb AC Cobra Replica

Well that was fun!

I moved onto the MAF next and having read through a bunch of threads did the following:
    Rinse & Repeat AutoVE until happy with the Bens.
    Plug MAF back in, enable it (C2901 @ 13500, C2904 @ 1300)
    Disabled VE Table (B0120 @ 400)
    1. Go drive & log data
    2. Changed the map B5001 - MAF Calibration - LC1 WO2 BEN.MAP to use the Serial Wideband data (Data Tab, Parameter = (0) Ben Factor Bank1, Serial Wideband, LS1 Style (Factor).
    3. Copy with Lables, Paste and Multiply to B5001 table

Rinse & Repeat from Step 1 until happy with Bens.

Then I "normalised" the Tune as follows:
    Re-Enabled VE (B0120 @4000)
    Turned DFCO back on (B3313 @ 30)

Then I went for a drive to see what the difference was like...

WooHoo my Bucking has gone

Wasn't really expecting that....but am really really happy that it's happened

Question to the wise? Do I need to re-enable PE or is that now irrelevent now I'm using {B3647} (and if so...how?)

2nd Question, what do I need to log in order to work out why my Spark is swinging all over the place??? (not causing an issue, just doesn't look right).

Cheers

Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.

Anyone?

Question to the wise? Do I need to re-enable PE or is that now irrelevent now I'm using {B3647} (and if so...how?)

Rgds

Jim

You can enable PE to give you initial TP control over AFR...

i.e. MAP lags a little behind TP.

Analogous to accelerator pump shot.

from memory you log the map base timing-spark advanced (maf) or base timing spark advanced SD depending which mode suits your car and how its setup. ive made thread on here somewhere and some people have imputed some good information. basically you will need a load cell dyno and a climate controlled room to ACCURATLY get your spark tables right so you can hit each cell yadda yadda yadda

I would just use b3647.
    '04 ecsb Chevy: 4.8L turbo ,EFILive tuned

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You can enable PE to give you initial TP control over AFR...

i.e. MAP lags a little behind TP.

Analogous to accelerator pump shot.
    Aha, Penny drop moment for me! I get it now :-) Willl play with it over the weekend.

Thanks

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Baldric View Post
    from memory you log the map base timing-spark advanced (maf) or base timing spark advanced SD depending which mode suits your car and how its setup. ive made thread on here somewhere and some people have imputed some good information. basically you will need a load cell dyno and a climate controlled room to ACCURATLY get your spark tables right so you can hit each cell yadda yadda yadda
    Thanks Baldric, just read your other thread, I'll log and map for a while and then think about some Dyno time when I'm more confident (will leave Sparks well alone unless I log any KR)

Jim