Thread: My first 99-02 cos5 2 bar attempt... some problems and questions

Default My first 99-02 cos5 2 bar attempt... some problems and questions

First, I never noticed that the AIT was in the MAF. My buddy originally had a custom MAF tune done from a mail order place... came with the maf. Ran like crap cause of how the MAF is close to the supercharger inlet, so we tried this,

Anyway... I dialed the VE table in with the MAF unplugged, and the fail frequencies set low etc... seemed to work good. too late I realized the IAT was reporting something like -38degrees. Soon as I plugged the MAF back in, car ran like.... well..bad lol.

So, clarification please... under MAF DTC procedure... do we change anything there? or just the MAF MIL reporting?

Why did it run like crap when I plugged the MAF back in? My IAT table was all ones?

So, with "charge temp blending"... which tables does that value reference for corrections?

Tip in torque reduction... is the -ve number taking away torque?

What is a purge canister?

Baro with key on, engine not running shows correct. But after a run, it reads high. Is this altering my tune somehow? I lowered the baro update values, but still reports high after running. Is this bad? Do we need a baro update at all?

That's all for now. I have attached the tune. Thanks for any input/suggestions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Follow the AutoVE tutorial pdf...

You can leave the MAF/IAT connected, since the MAF is failed in in the MAF diag table...

If your IAT was very wrong, then the following may or may not be problems:
    - airmass from VE table (g*K/kPa) will be wrong since IAT is blended with ECT... I don't know how wrong...
    - spark timing will be modified incorrectly, the timing may affect the actual AFR which means you VE table correction will now be off...

Also take care of these:
    Quote Originally Posted by View->Show Calibration Window->Out of Range*
    {A0001} Forced Octane Scaler Percentage, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0002} Octane Scaler Limiter, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0017} N20 Monitor VE Multiplier Table RPM Enable, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0018} N20 Monitor VE Multiplier Table MAP Enable, was out of range when loaded.
    {A0007} TPS VE Table, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.
    {A0015} N20 Monitor VE Multiplier, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.
    {A0016} N20 Monitor Timing Table, contained one or more out of range values when loaded.
    See this: showpost.php?p=87052&postcount=14

Also, B3647 has a bunch of cells containing EQ 1.000 (i.e. stoichiometric AFR)... those cells will cause the COS to operate in semi-open/close loop where it uses STFT's to trim to EQ 1.000... that defeats your AutoVE attempts.

Can you move the MAF closer to the throttle body...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Follow the AutoVE tutorial pdf...

You can leave the MAF/IAT connected, since the MAF is failed in in the MAF diag table...

If your IAT was very wrong, then the following may or may not be problems:
    - airmass from VE table (g*K/kPa) will be wrong since IAT is blended with ECT... I don't know how wrong...
    - spark timing will be modified incorrectly, the timing may affect the actual AFR which means you VE table correction will now be off...

Also take care of these:
    See this: showpost.php?p=87052&postcount=14

Also, B3647 has a bunch of cells containing EQ 1.000 (i.e. stoichiometric AFR)... those cells will cause the COS to operate in semi-open/close loop where it uses STFT's to trim to EQ 1.000... that defeats your AutoVE attempts.
    huh... so VE values are multiplied by a calculated air mass temp? I had assumed that was in a separate table which I had 1's in...

I know those other values load "out of range"... but are they not correct?

edit: ahh, just saw the other post. some kind of quirk in efilive? thanks for the tip.

VE table has the units g*K/kPa... i.e. it is "normalized" airmass... it gets divided by temperature and multiplied by pressure to arrive at airmass ("g/cyl" or simply just "g");

pressure comes from MAP, and temperature comes from blended IAT and ECT;
    the table you're saying {A0014} further modifies the VE derived airmass.

OOR: yes, tunetool quirk, the tunetool displays the closest in-range value (max or min), and if you enter the min or max, then the tunetool detects no change so won't save the change... you have to enter different values, save, quit, reopen, enter the min or max you want.

You want to fix the OOR values because they would cause the PCM to do extra processing to ignore those values (I don't know exactly what, but it's best to not allow that).