Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BBL triggering Free to air CAL on LC1

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The LC-1 requires a lower case 'c' to be transmitted to calibrate it. If the PID data contains a lower case c then the LC-1 will do a free air calibration. It is possible, that a 'c' does not appear in the PID data being sent to the serial port. It did not appear in the serial data we tested with here, hence it was not picked up before the firmware was released :(

I'm pretty sure the AD problem is not firmware related. Has the AD1 also failed? The 4 AD's are paired 1-2 and 3-4. If there is a hardware fault 1 and 2 will fail or 3 and 4 will fail.

Regards
    Paul
    Just AD2 is out.
    Last edited by mr.prick; May 19th, 2009 at 12:19 PM.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Paul,
    I just tried it is working now.

but I think there is something wrong with my LC1 now.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Paul,

Do you mean you tried with the new V2.06.10 firmware, or are you saying it is working with the current V2.06.09 firmware?

What are the symptoms of the LC1 to indicate that it is not working?
    Obviously if it entered free air calibration while in a normal exhaust stream (i.e not in free air) then you'd need to recalibrate in free air.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Unhappy

sorry for the previous short post I'll make it up in this one .

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Do you mean you tried with the new V2.06.10 firmware, or are you saying it is working with the current V2.06.09 firmware?
    yes I tried the V2.06.10 firmware and now BBL doesn't trigger free air,heater calibration....

What are the symptoms of the LC1 to indicate that it is not working?
    as far as my problem goes, BBL was triggering all calibrations in a random sequence too fast that the LC1 was reporting off scale numbers then it dies and resets it self, the first time that happened I just recalibrated the free air and my gauge was showing my normal AFR reading again, next time I used the BBL after updating to the V2.06.09 from V2.06.08 it did the same of triggering all calibrations and the LC1 resetting but this time free air calibration didn't fix getting back my normal AFR reading so I thought maybe I have to reprogram the LC1 which I tried and found that the LC1 is using the default values, I tried to change the values to the old ones but programing doesn't stick it keeps on going back to defaults and sometimes random numbers, I checked Innovate website and found there is a new firmware for the LC1 so like a computer geek who loves updates I downloaded it and tried to program the LC1 with the new firmware but it failed the verification process and my LC1 is somewhat dead it doesn't report anything.

that was my long version of the short post

I'll try to do a first time setup and see if it comes back to life otherwise I'll need a new one but not sure if LC1 is a good choice again though it has been working for me for the last few years with no problems at all.
    --
    Regards
    Nasser

See if Innovate will repair the failed LC-1 firmware flash at no cost.

I dont think there is/was anything wrong with your LC1 before the latest firmware. I had the same problem... I tried a free air calibration and my V2 seems to have bricked my LC1. The LED does not turn on when I turn on my ignition, and my LM Programmer cannot contact it.

Anyone have a fix for this? CRAP! This is turning out to be an expensive f#$%ing beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Paul,

Last edited by Goldfinger911; May 20th, 2009 at 12:51 PM.

2002 WS6, All-Lunati 383 Strok'r @11:1, Cartek Heads, Keith/Ross Racing Custom Cam, Victor Jr., 492whp 457wtq,
    Cartek Clutch, 9" Moser w/4.11's, 35 spline Detroit Locker, QA1's, NX, BMR, Tuned w/ EFILive V2 Black Box Logging
    Check Out My Latest Tune File: HERE

Lifetime Member

Blacky,

FYI: I noticed a similar problem immediately upon using the BBL w/2.6.09, but I'm not sure its limited to Free Air Cals. I think its possible a random pattern of data sent my have triggered a firmware reflash of my LC1. In this case, following connection to the V2, it immediately "lost it". I also noticed the
    lmprogrammer would no longer work w/the unit.

Since I consider LC1's disposable, I removed mine and put a new one in. I have not tested the BBL logging with it yet. I had thought since LC1 was basically a dumb terminal of output, this was not likely to happen and for some reason I had thought EFI only listened, not spoke unless asked to by keystroke w/the V2, such as 'c' and the other avail commands.
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

the LM Programmer still can connect to the LC1 and read the stored values and flash the firmware but it fails the verification each time at a different percentage which makes me suspect my USB to serial adapter.

I'll try the first time setup and see what happens.

--
    Nasser

Have you tried going back to the older LC-1 firmware?
    LC-1 firmwares
    Last edited by mr.prick; May 20th, 2009 at 01:30 PM.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Have you tried going back to the older LC-1 firmware?
    FYI: In my case, I downloaded the new Innovate firmware to my new wideband and had zero problems.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast