Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: B0720-fuel pulse

Quote Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
    I have the same question. Table B0720 for the LMM's is described as main pulse only, no pilots like the LBZ's.

exactly my point also. The description of the table does not sync with this "math" explanation. I think we need help here.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    exactly my point also. The description of the table does not sync with this "math" explanation. I think we need help here.

The " math " explanation as read above finds the pw for specific pressure/quantity. The rest is pretty easy...

In a stock calibration there is never a time when main would be commanded alone at 55mpa and 25mm3. Look at the pilots to see that.

Let's see what the help you ask for comes up with.
    Last edited by abkimble; May 20th, 2009 at 05:28 AM.

In other words, at a 60 mph cruise I'm at 24 mm3 and 66 mpa, which in the tune would be a 1531 US, yet my main is 639, pilot 1 is 298, and pilot 2, 3, and post injection 1 and 2 are off.

Jody
    Quote Originally Posted by abkimble View Post
    The " math " explanation as read above finds the pw for specific pressure/quantity. The rest is pretty easy...

In a stock calibration there is never a time when main would be commanded alone at 55mpa and 25mm3. Look at the pilots to see that.

Let's see what the help you ask for comes up with.
    I'm going to try one more time, just because I'm stubborn.............. My above example is correct if pilot 2 and 3 are active, along with #1. Main US 639, 298 pilot 1, 299 pilot 2, and 299 pilot 3 = 1535. Box says 1531, plenty close enough.

Here's my problem with this though; according to the scan tool pilot 1 is the only one active. 2 and 3 are off during a cruise at 60 mph, never come on. Pilot 1 matches B9101 which is the pulse amount when pilot 2 is NOT going to come on, so that makes sense as #2 is not on. So in this example, if only the main and pilot 1 are on, why do they not add up to 1531? And can someone tell me when and why pilot 2 and 3 are used? I cannot find a single instance where pilot 2 and 3 are on with my truck. I see the tables in the tune, but no idea what makes them active.

You mentioned before that if the scan tool said the pilots were off, then they're off. So how do those two numbers add up to being correct? Or do I have to divide by 10, and multiply by 9, and ..................

Jody
    07.5 4X CC 2500HD, EFI Live, MBRP exhaust
    new updated website!

Not really running on all cylinders at the moment, I'll try to compile up a reply soon.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Not really running on all cylinders at the moment, I'll try to compile up a reply soon.
    Sounds good to me.

Or do I have to divide by 10, and multiply by 9, and ..................

Jody

Sure man, what ever gets you through the day.

Lifetime Member

I'm going to try one more time, just because I'm stubborn.............. My above example is correct if pilot 2 and 3 are active, along with #1. Main US 639, 298 pilot 1, 299 pilot 2, and 299 pilot 3 = 1535. Box says 1531, plenty close enough.

Here's my problem with this though; according to the scan tool pilot 1 is the only one active. 2 and 3 are off during a cruise at 60 mph, never come on. Pilot 1 matches B9101 which is the pulse amount when pilot 2 is NOT going to come on, so that makes sense as #2 is not on. So in this example, if only the main and pilot 1 are on, why do they not add up to 1531? And can someone tell me when and why pilot 2 and 3 are used? I cannot find a single instance where pilot 2 and 3 are on with my truck. I see the tables in the tune, but no idea what makes them active.

You mentioned before that if the scan tool said the pilots were off, then they're off. So how do those two numbers add up to being correct? Or do I have to divide by 10, and multiply by 9, and ..................

Jody
    I think I remember seeing them come on only during a regen, it's been a while since I have saw a regen but I have some logs of it happening a few times. I have set B1021 to 2 across the board so I only have the main and pilot1, I did'nt want any post injection's.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

all this pilot talk is a mute point if

"Table B0720 for the LMM's is described as main pulse only"

The table description negates pilot pulse.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Lifetime Member

Well I guess I lied pilot 3 I never saw active here is a small regen log if you want to see I logged all 3 pilot mm3's and both post mm3's.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    all this pilot talk is a mute point if

"Table B0720 for the LMM's is described as main pulse only"

The table description negates pilot pulse.
    When ONLY MAIN is active this table still holds water.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast