Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E38 cant disable VATS

Default E38 cant disable VATS

I just put a 6.2 out of a escalade in a 1980 suburban with a th400. I had Speartech make me a standalone harness for the engine. Got it all in and went to fire it up after changing everything in the pcm to run it and no luck. Called around and talked to Speartech and they said I needed HP Tuners that EFI couldnt make it work. Well after a day of trying I ended up getting HP Tuners just to disable VATS and what you know, it fired right up. I was told that I was the 3rd person to call about this when I was calling around trying to figure this out.

It really sucked to use a $99 credit just to disable VATS since I have unlimited E38 in EFI.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    I just put a 6.2 out of a escalade in a 1980 suburban with a th400. I had Speartech make me a standalone harness for the engine. Got it all in and went to fire it up after changing everything in the pcm to run it and no luck. Called around and talked to Speartech and they said I needed HP Tuners that EFI couldnt make it work. Well after a day of trying I ended up getting HP Tuners just to disable VATS and what you know, it fired right up. I was told that I was the 3rd person to call about this when I was calling around trying to figure this out.

It really sucked to use a $99 credit just to disable VATS since I have unlimited E38 in EFI.
    Are you serious? HPTuners made it work...
    EFI Live couldn't....
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Do you know why or what would keep EFI Live from working?
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    Are you serious? HPTuners made it work...
    EFI Live couldn't....
    Yep, affraid so.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Did you apply the vats patch and perform a full flash?
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Called around and talked to Speartech and they said I needed HP Tuners that EFI couldnt make it work.
    So what they are saying is EFILive users can't use GenIV's in conversions - Stupid comment.

Maybe you should have posted here first? Of course we can disable the VATS on the E38.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    So what they are saying is EFILive users can't use GenIV's in conversions - Stupid comment.

Maybe you should have posted here first? Of course we can disable the VATS on the E38.
    How?

I am thinking of doing one so now would be a good time to tell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Did you apply the vats patch and perform a full flash?
    Regards
    Paul

yes

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post

I didn't have time to waste. This forum is great but it isnt the fastest at getting response's alot of the times. Another shop that does lsx xwaps said they had the same problem with efi, and they now us HP.

Its not only VATS that has to be disabled, something else with starter disable, dont remember off top of my head. In efi it even says it can't disable vats on e38.

Guys, I have personally assisted with 3 E38 and 1 E67 Gen-IV conversions here with a local shop, each of them in to a non GM vehicles.They all run fine, so please, if anyone is telling you that EFILive cannot bypass the VATS in the E38 or E67 it's because 'they' don't know how to do it.
    Please show me where in EFILive it says it can't disable the VATS on the E38.
    If it didn't crank at all then it was not a VATS issue, you needed to disable the clutch / PN switch check. The ECM should have thrown a DTC for that too.

427, the conversions I assisted with, it's a simple process. Follow the description in the VATS calibrations. Just change the VATS to a specific type, apply the VATS patch, change the clutch switch setting depending if you have one fitted (or it won't crank).
    The problem is the E38 / E67 did not have a global VATS disable like the LS1 PCM did, in the E38/E67 you need to apply a patch to the OS to force it to pass the VATS check. This is no different to what HPT or LS2Edit would do.

Lorenz, I know the forum can be a little slow to get responses, the time zones don't help with our Saturday being on your Friday it might seem like ages before you get a response.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast