Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E38 cant disable VATS

Im in the middle of moving everything from SC to TX when I get to TX I will post the tune before and after where the EFI wouldnt allow it to start.
    It would spin over but the injectors would not fire.
    Did the exact same thing with HP and it fired right up.

Thanks, I'll check it out when it's posted.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I disable VATS on a daily basis for these controllers. EFILive has always worked flawlessly. I just follow the directions it has in the help and it always works. Full flash is needed, then it starts right up.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Lifetime Member

I been though the vats with e-38, done a stand alone on engine dyno took me little bit to figure out ,under vats g1210 description second line down this is what it says (There is no defined VATS disable in this ECM)then after that (to disable VATS you must select either Type 2 or Type 3 from this list and apply the VATS patch to the operating system)after reading that i was confused,thinking do i just set it to type 2 or 3 when i do the patch and not turn p1204 off because theres no need,after trying 20 or more flashes i got it going trying differant settings,with what i have now it starts like its lurning vats some times takes 3 trys to start and turning ign. off waiting but it works after first start it would start fine but doing tuning changes wasnt fun.i am thinking theres a better combination of setting to make it work i was so happy after 2 hours that it ran i just put up with it and got job done,(just engine dyno testing)i know how it is when you need to get some thing done and there is problems, i try not put my self in that postion but it happens,like say guy flys in from 2000 miles to see his motor dynoed or car run and i am doing my first e-38 sd tune,no way will i set my self up for that but some times things happen and it does,efilive rocks but some times things are confusing on how it needs to be with me reading that i still dont know how you pick from setting 2 or 3 i also turn the lurning vats stuf low thinking that may have helped get it going, but i have a not give up untill its done aditude thats kills my home life lol,on the next one i do i will try some stuff to see if i can make it start eazyer after a flash

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    I disable VATS on a daily basis for these controllers. EFILive has always worked flawlessly. I just follow the directions it has in the help and it always works. Full flash is needed, then it starts right up.
    Jesse , can you tell us the procedure you use in detail , 2 or 3 ?
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy366 View Post
    Jesse , can you tell us the procedure you use in detail , 2 or 3 ?
    X's(2) Please.......
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

The idea behind selecting Type 2 or 3 is that takes the ECM code on a path that will end up where the patch gets applied. So once it gets to the point in the code where the VATS has failed (for type 2 or 3) the patch then bypasses the failure and forces a pass.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Jesse

One of the guys I spoke with said he ran into the same problem I did, He said he even sent you the pcm and it would still not work, he then did what I did in HP and it started right up. Is it possible it doesnt work on certain OS or something?

Default Recently.....

Recently, I had a similar problem. While I've prepared many spare ecms for different year vettes with no problems, recently, I had 2 failed attempts on an 09 ZO6.

After almost $200 bucks wasted shipping back and forth to the customer, I'm not sure of how to proceed.

I don't completely disable it, but I prefer to change the parameters to cause it to "re-link" with fewer tries and shorter waiting periods.....

The check engine light on my bench harness continues to flash indicating that the pcm has never started an engine, so I'm sure it hasn't worked for him.

The pcm is actually in the correct year corvette so the clutch stuff is not a problem.

This customer just wanted a spare ecm.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Jesse

One of the guys I spoke with said he ran into the same problem I did, He said he even sent you the pcm and it would still not work, he then did what I did in HP and it started right up. Is it possible it doesnt work on certain OS or something?
    Can't rule that out Lorenz, do you remember what OS it was?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast