Thread: E67 cts-v

Default E67 cts-v

I'm working with an 06 CTSV with a 112 Maggie. The car is exhibiting the following problem. In high gear low rpm high load situations such as accelerating away in 5th or 6th gear from 1200 rpms there is what seems to be a misfire. After duplicating this on my dyno what appears to be happening is that there is significant knock and the timing is being retarded. This also corresponds with the transition to positive manifold pressure on the order of 2.0psi. The car came to me with a base flash from Magn which was basically nothing more than scaling for the 60lb hr injectors that are installed. Also, the dealer who sent the car to me had replaced plugs, wires, MAF, MAP sensor so I am assuming that all these components are in good working order. I am happy to provide any additional info anyone would request as this is just an introductory post.

Lifetime Member

Have you pulled spark in the cells where you're getting knock? Thats what I would start off with, Ive been fighting my 02 P10 PCM big time the last few days with this exact same deal. 4th (OD), high load, 2000ish rpms (so accelerating cruise settings).

And welcome to the forum!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Be sure that you are in PE already.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Be sure that you are in PE already.
    That's what I was thinking....
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

It is in PE and as for pulling timing, the values in the timing tables at those load cells are negative.