Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E38 Stand alone problems

Default E38 Stand alone problems

Its a 6.2 in an old suburban with a th400. It runs great except at random it will only allow thorttle to go to 46% throttle but if you hold it to the floor if will slowly add throttle back in. The only way to fix this is the flash the pcm, then it work normal for a while, sometimes it wont do it for 10 starts sometimes it will do it after 2 or three.

The first thing I would look at is table {B0533}. It is usually the cause for reduced throttle openings when going WOT.
    Was your tune from a Auto or Manual 6.2L ?

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The first thing I would look at is table {B0533}. It is usually the cause for reduced throttle openings when going WOT.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Still trying to figure out this table. The x axis is gear, the y axis is torque in Nm.......is the cell data Nm as well?

If it is Nm in the cells, does that mean in 1st gear for example, and the expected torque is 345Nm, it will limit to 50Nm? Or reduce it 50Nm

Color me thick on this one .

cheers!

Cheers,
    Ross

It was from an auto. The weird thing is it only does some of the time but once it starts doing it, it wont go away until you reflash it.

I will check that table.

Here is the tune. Its just a stock 6.2 with a th400. Currently there is no MAF. At radom the truck with not go 100% throttle and if you hold it to the floor it will slowly go to 100%.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lorenz, have you checked existing DTC's on this vehicle?
    I would imagine if it is an Auto based calibration it will not be happy there is no TCM there. This might be the cause of your issues.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lorenz, have you checked existing DTC's on this vehicle?
    I would imagine if it is an Auto based calibration it will not be happy there is no TCM there. This might be the cause of your issues.
    It doesnt flag anything, even when it doesnt go to wot. Do you have a 6.2 manual tune? I'll try anything at this point.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    It doesnt flag anything, even when it doesnt go to wot. Do you have a 6.2 manual tune? I'll try anything at this point.
    Is this an L92 6.2 with VVT installed, or an LS3?

In either case you would be best to find, and use, a stock manual calibration for a 2WD 6.2 or 6L. Your current cal appears to be an A6 AWD/4WD. (I dont have one otherwise I would post it for you.)

You could also try putting all your Torque Management parameters back to stock for a start.

What pedal are you using, and are you getting any logs of spark/knock retard/burst knock/ETC/Pedal etc?

Its a L92 6.2 with VVT out of a 07 escalde. I bought the pedal from speartech when they did the harness so Im not sure. I can log everything, everything runs fine until at random it will not go WOT. Once it does this I have to flash it in order for it run normal again. It does this more once the truck is up to operating temp than cold.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    Its a L92 6.2 with VVT out of a 07 escalde. I bought the pedal from speartech when they did the harness so Im not sure. I can log everything, everything runs fine until at random it will not go WOT. Once it does this I have to flash it in order for it run normal again. It does this more once the truck is up to operating temp than cold.
    Ok. Did Speartech supply the ECM & ECM calibration as well? What has John had to say re the challenges you are having?

Have you tried a stock A6 calibration? i.e. like the one you posted, but stock except for VATS/speedo/DTC revisions, and MAF zeroed out?

Have you tried completely unplugging or de-powering the ECM in lieu of a re-flash? If you are putting the same tune back in, then it is the same effect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast