Thread: Trans slipping?

Default Trans slipping?

Well I don't post much, but I'm having trans issues with my new engine swap. Last year everything tranny wise was working fine, fresh rebuild (basically stock), shift points and pressures increased by only 5-10%, and my TCI 3000 stall convertor. Then I blew up the stock engine (2002 Camaro Z28) and went with a 6.0l iron block, bigger heads, bigger cam, bigger injectors, you get the point. I have only had this thing running a few days, but the trans seems to shift really slow and just bounced off the rev limiter when I decided to try a WOT blip. So concerned I backed off the shift points and sure enough it didn't change anything. I talked to my tranny guy who was talking about increasing the current to the force motor, but what is the best way to go about somthing like that. Sorry I don't have any data logs to post up because i was just logging PIDs for the engine and fueling, nothing trans related.

Sorry for the long post guys, but I would like to say how much great info I have gotten off of the forum about tuning the engine. I got through the fueling pretty easily, and am very happy with how that runs. TIA

If you're running SD (MAF-less) then the problem may be your VE table is too low, causing calculated engine torque to be low, causing base pressure to be low...

Log the pids TRQENG and TFMPRS to see if that is the case.