Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Rich Decel Thread..Need Help

Mick, thanks... I'll use those to play around with...

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Mick, thanks... I'll use those to play around with...
    No worries. I believe the yellow in the last post(I cleaned it up a bit) was the default min pulse width for the injectors I have but I will need my other computer to verify. Unfortunately I dont keep good notes like Marcin.
    I will post back after lunch when I can get my hands on the laptop.
    The Tremor at AIR

Once again I messed up. After redoing my notes on the weekend & looking into Shawn's logs I noticed a few mistakes in that previous post. Red should be your minimum pulse width, Yellow the default pulsewidth.
    One other thing to note is that the small pulse adder table is not added if the default pulsewidth is used. This means that in a case like Shawn's, only a lowering of either the default pulse width or voltage offsets will allow a IBPW of under 1.7xx ms.
    Changing the voltage offset will have an effect on the fuelling in all conditions, and should be avoided.(Not to mention this is calibrated in the factory & should be correct for his injectors)
    Lowering the default minimum pulse width could be an option, but only if the injector can be kept under control at these smaller pulsewidths. Go too small & the injector will be basically shut off or too inconsistant.
    The Tremor at AIR

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Mick was good enough to take a look at my tune and log. Perhaps his efforts will help others also..even running stock injectors at low VE's creates some rich AFR's.

Though not a real solution, I usually enable a 'soft' DFCO when I head up to the mountains. More for engine braking, but it cuts out the fuel also.
    Last edited by WeathermanShawn; February 9th, 2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Grammer
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

No problems Shawn.
    One thing I should have mentioned in that last post is that sometimes the injector characteristics leave us with no room to move. So if we cant get the injector to have any control with a PW of under 1.7xx total then thats it. This isnt really a problem unless you need this low a PW under light cruise as DFCO can be utilised under decel conditions.
    FWIW, in your log you would need an IBPW of @1.4 ms to keep AFR's in line under decel conditions. I do not believe this will be achievable or really that necessary. I will send you an email in a couple of hours on a few things we can try.
    Cheers Mick
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123