Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2003 2500HD 6.0L - Started Tuning Yesterday Nice!

Default 2003 2500HD 6.0L - Started Tuning Yesterday Nice!

Well I was able to start tuning a 2500 HD Silverado yesterday for the first time. Its bone stock. All I have done so far is adjust a few PE settings, Trans Shift Settings and Spark. WOW what a difference already. With the tow/haul mode off it seems just like the stock truck. With it enabled it shifts really quick and firm now. 1-2 it actually broke the tires loose. I have also totally disabled TQ mgt as well. Going to tweak it some more and see what happens. Very nice gains so far with just a stock truck. The ol SOTP meter says its a nice increase.

Isn't that your Moms truck??.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

YUP! :lol:

I'll see if she notices a difference.

Be careful of removing all of the torque management. It can cause transmission failure if done without installing a shift kit. I'd imagine that truck has a 4L80E which is stronger that the 4L60E but I just thought that I would mention it...
    02 C5 Coupe - LS7, TSP 265 LS7 heads, ARH, Z06 cat-back, HREs, 3.73 gears, Wilwood brakes, DeWitts radiator

15 C7 Z5 1 Coupe - stock for now

12 Avalanche - tune, Corsa Touring

Can the engine parameters from the SS be loaded into a 2500HD?

The line pressure is alot higher in the tow mode, That is what you are feeling, To get that same feeling in the normal mode, you could copy the performance pressure modifiers to the normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboBeagleBuggy
    Can the engine parameters from the SS be loaded into a 2500HD?
    Yes I've been doing that and it works pretty well. The best bang for the buck is doing a custom OS with a commanded AFR. The mileage is much better and a couple I've done actually complained about wheel hop after being tuned I don't usually remove all the TQ mgmnt.. It would be interesting to see how much quicker a vehicle is with TQ mgmnt vs w/o I'm not sure you'd gain more than a 10th or two with a 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th shift...

Thanks, this is all new to me. I bought EFI with the intentions of tuning my Diesel, but figured I might as well tackle the 6.0 as well. Several of my friends have them and I figured the SS would be a easy 45hp for them until I get onto this a little better.
    05' Silverado CC/SB
    EFI Live, PPE HOT, 285's, Isspro Gauges, Cobra 29 NWLTD w/ PA system and FireStick, toolbox, Houndsmen Deluxe dog box, and a trailer loaded with beagles that says "CAUTION FAST BEAGLES" on the back.

Any more pointers? The truck that I am messing with is an 01 and I was not able to upload the SS because of the different operating systems. Adjusting the tire size and changing the Tourque Management really did alot to the performance of the truck. There is alot more stuff to fool with on the gas engines than the diesel and I am still leary too fool to much with the engine parameters without a little guidance. The truck has a CAI and a Dual Exhaust, but still has cats in place. Thanks

Adam
    05' Silverado CC/SB
    EFI Live, PPE HOT, 285's, Isspro Gauges, Cobra 29 NWLTD w/ PA system and FireStick, toolbox, Houndsmen Deluxe dog box, and a trailer loaded with beagles that says "CAUTION FAST BEAGLES" on the back.

any more info on these 6.0 2500. I would like to tune mine up to.
    \'99 SS Camaro #3789 6 speed ls1 12.6 @ 112.8 1.93 60\' .......now crate ls6 417 rwhp & 395 rwtq 10.9@129.8 \'03 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0, 4:10, locking diff, UPD, desreened maf 16.1@ 86

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast