There have been several different engine bay images pass through my Inbox recently and here are a few creative ways I've seen for mounting LS coils on non-LS engines.

Using Cast Aluminum Valve Covers
This is my favorite design. The owner/fabricator is skilled with metal fabrication. He took a new set of cast aluminum valve covers, drilled holes for mounting the coils, inserted long screws through the back side using JB Weld to seal, installed threaded aluminum spacers to create a mounting surface, installed the coils, and then nuts to secure the coils to the mounts. He brought the covers to the shop and we assembled a custom coil harness for each valve cover. Notice these are LS1/LS6 coils.

Individual Coil Mounts
An excellent example of clean coil mounts on center bolt valve covers. LT4 valve covers with LS2 coils (GM# 12573190). Notice the LT1 spark plug wires are reused, but were shortened. MSD sells terminals, boots, and a crimp tool through Summit.

Piecing Together LS Coil Brackets
This engine looks great with modified LS coil brackets. Notice these are truck coils with heat sink. More about the brackets here: http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601656

Prototype Coil Brackets
For our prototyping, we had a local shop laser cut and form aluminum brackets to hold LS1/LS6 coils. It's a great concept, but very frustrating to service due to there being two bolts/nuts/washers per coil.