Thread: More newbie help

Default More newbie help

Im trying to flash my PCM for the 1st time. Read it ok...opened the file...did what I had to do....trying to flash it and its telling me
    Flashscan cable isnt licensed to reflash my PCM? It must be licensed to my PCM to reflash. Then it says to close the message, wait for the reboot, then I will see a "License PCM" message that I need to click on and that never appears. I have tried several times and it always comes up the same. I bought the V1 used and both licenses were used so I bought a new one. Under my Licenses there shows that there is 1 available. How do I link this to my PCM? Although its used, I cant register it on my cheesey laptop as I havr no internet on it. I tried on my desktop and it seemed to work.....any ideas?

I think I can help.

In the tune tool, go to "Help" and click on "FlashScan V1 PCM Licensing". Under "VIN License Counter", it should say you have 1 tune available. Below that you should see a tab that says "Add VIN", and a block for the activation code. Type the activation code in the block and click on "Add".

That should be it. The VIN you are trying to tune will show on the right side of available VINS.