Thread: 05 colorado concept/E67 computer/Help!!

Exclamation 05 colorado concept/E67 computer/Help!!

Thanks to any one that can help. I have a 05 colorado concept truck that GM removed the 5cyl engine and installed a newer generation 5.3 engine and a newer E67 computer and seperate trans computer T-42. The operating system in the computer is not production so I cant open or tune with EFI Live. The truck runs good except for a 30 MPH speed limit and I understand from some GM engineers they did this on purpose. I have tried installing a flash from a 08 trailblazer, (1st year with E67 5.3 engine) truck would not even crank over, this is way over my head, need help or someone in Phoenix,Arizona good with EFI live that can help. Where do I start?

Lifetime Member

The TrailBlazer tune will not run it because the outputs are different. What you need is to probably get an 09 Coly 5.3 tune and an 09 ECM. You cannot flash the 09 E67 OS into an 06-08 E67 (or 05 in your case). Also, I might be concerned that the non production OS uses different inputs and outputs so you might be SOL trying to use something without repinning the entire harness.

Can you select E67 ECM and read the ECM file out? It should let you save it even if you cannot open it to view the files, then email that to support AT efilive.com and link to this thread.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

We tend to shy away from supporting non production OS's, simply because of the work involved to support just one vehicle that nobody else would use. Having said that, sometimes these pre-production OS's are quite similar (if not the same) as a production OS.
    Were you dealing with Jesse at Wait4Me on this truck as well? I remember manually changing the speed limiter on some non production vehicle recently.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Eric, thanks for the input. what would be the difference between a 08 trailblazer tune & a 09 colorado tune? wouldnt I still need to repin the harness and does eather 08 or 09 flash work with the T-42 trans controller? I'm tring to get the earliest tune posible( E67 w/ 5.3) to give a beter chance of being the same, am I thinking wrong?

Ross, yes I've been working w/ jess a little. You sent back that tune file W/ speed limiters gone, but it did'nt fix the problem. Here is the history- this truck came to my shop because it has a 30 mph speed limit, runs great up to 30. I got intouch with jess and he sent you the file and you removed the mph limiter and gave me a calz file. This removed the limiter for only 30 to 45 seconds then its back on. It drives normal untill the limiter sets. If I turn off the key then back on it resets for another 30 to 45 seconds.

Lifetime Member

I cant tell you the differences between an 08 TB and 09 Coly tune man, but I will tell you that if the OS is different then the likelihood of an 08 TB OS running an 09 Coly without changing the pins (so each input and output line up properly) is slim to none. Forget the age of the calibration, GM doesnt make it a habit of changing pinouts on same models year to year, ie an 07 TB SS cal will run an 08 TB SS. The T42 is a completely different issue altogether, its got its own OS to deal with but they arent as pickey. You can run an 08 TBSS T42 with an 06 GTO T42 cal, I think the T42 inputs and outputs are the same regardless of platform (but dont quote me on that).

The issue with repinning the harness you have is that we dont have the wiring diagrams of what everything does. For a production vehicle GM Techline has this info, for a concept it could be slightly different.

Have you tuned the T42 yet? Or read the tune to see if its supported?
    Have you flashed a 09 Coly 5.3 tune into the ECM and/or TCM to see if that works?
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly M View Post
    Ross, yes I've been working w/ jess a little. You sent back that tune file W/ speed limiters gone, but it did'nt fix the problem. Here is the history- this truck came to my shop because it has a 30 mph speed limit, runs great up to 30. I got intouch with jess and he sent you the file and you removed the mph limiter and gave me a calz file. This removed the limiter for only 30 to 45 seconds then its back on. It drives normal untill the limiter sets. If I turn off the key then back on it resets for another 30 to 45 seconds.
    Now that is odd.
    Is there anything else that needs to be done with the .tun apart from the speed limiter issue? I should be able to get the speedo section mapped out for your one off there if that is all you need.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Hey, another member posted his stock 09 Hummer H3T 5.3L V8 tune in the thread below. Try downloading this, and full flashing it into your truck. (Make sure you have a few copies of your stock tune to go back to if it doesnt work.)

Linky here
    ~Erik~