Thread: OBD II LT1 PCM's, i wish we could tune them.

Default OBD II LT1 PCM's, i wish we could tune them.

Its really bums me out we can't tune these. I own a 97 myself and have converted to OBDI for tunercats software cause it was cheap. But i have 7 other friends with 96-97 LT1 cars. I wish i didn't have to swap PCMs to be able to tune them. I have a pile of OBDII pcms in my garage. lol I would really rather not have to buy Jets tuner that they bought from tunercats. What would be the chances of you guys giving us support the the OBDII PCM's? I know it may seem like there are not alot of us out there, but why not add one more PCM to the list of many great cars we can already tune with are software. I think it would really benifit alot more people than you might think..

Lifetime Member

Hotrod,
    I can't help with your original request, But---EFIConnection.com has a coil on plug conversion that uses the LS based PCM for you LT1 guys. Go to the "Conversions Forum" on here.

Jeff
    Last edited by Lextech; June 1st, 2009 at 02:23 AM. Reason: More info
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

tunercats OBDII is still available through moates.net with purchase of a roadrunner. I purchased it myself and own a copy with all definition files.

I do not know if it supports the LT motors. Never tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
    tunercats OBDII is still available through moates.net with purchase of a roadrunner. I purchased it myself and own a copy with all definition files.

I do not know if it supports the LT motors. Never tried.
    I have TunerCat OBDII and it does support 96-97 LT1 PCMs. I recently used it to help a guy in town with a 96 Impala SS LT1/4L60E swap into an early 70s Chevy truck.

But I have to tell you, after using EFILive Scan and Tune for LS PCMs, working with the LT1 stuff is a chore.

Here's a good example of an LS1 PCM swap into an LT1 car. I'm going to suggest the owner has about $750 into the conversion. He did all the work himself, was familair with the wiring, and knows an LS engine tuner.

24x LS1 PCM on Early Small-Block Chevy and LT1/LT4
    http://www.eficonnection.com

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by S10Wildside View Post
    I have TunerCat OBDII and it does support 96-97 LT1 PCMs. I recently used it to help a guy in town with a 96 Impala SS LT1/4L60E swap into an early 70s Chevy truck.

But I have to tell you, after using EFILive Scan and Tune for LS PCMs, working with the LT1 stuff is a chore.

Here's a good example of an LS1 PCM swap into an LT1 car. I'm going to suggest the owner has about $750 into the conversion. He did all the work himself, was familair with the wiring, and knows an LS engine tuner.

Tell me about it.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Been tuning my OBD2 LT1 with EFILive for the last several months and couldn't be happier. Get the EFI Connection kit, worth every last penny!!!!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by schwoch1 View Post
    Been tuning my OBD2 LT1 with EFILive for the last several months and couldn't be happier. Get the EFI Connection kit, worth every last penny!!!!

Mike
    How are you doing this? Details please.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    How are you doing this? Details please.
    Thanks
    Probably the EFIConnection LT1 -> LS1 conversion kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    Probably the EFIConnection LT1 -> LS1 conversion kit.
    You got it!!!!

Mike

Ahh, gottcha. I have been looking into that. I really like there set up. And its really looking like that is the route i am gonna go since i am planning on a turbo next year. But i don't think i can convince all my friends to do that same. lol Guess i'll just have to get the Jet tuner for them. :(