Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The importance of a good Scantool

Lifetime Member

No need with their 2-bar stuff and the licensing scheme for that package no one will be able to get the money they put into that package back since it is locked to one vehicle. Kinda like edit ya know....

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    My outlook on the whole thing is "turnabout is fair play", if you know what I mean. 8)

If I'm not mistaken, it's possible to run 2 bar S.D. on the current software, w/o the need for an expensive upgrade... why don't you folks push that a little more, or maybe make some advertisements highlighting the differences between this software and other packages?
    Drake - Once more users get their hands on FlashScan they will spread the word. The competition can make self proclaiming statements till they are blue in the face. Eventually their product will have to measure up (INCLUDING the scan tool) as their user base will begin to "see the light." Most people know the FACT that EFIlive is a superior scantool compared to anything on the market currently. Why some are expecting anything less from FlashScan is simply mindboggling.

At some point, people will wise up and realize that the competitions "copy" or "clone" just doesn't stack up to the original.

In the meantime, all of us who have the genuine original get to enjoy one hell of a product with simply incredible support.

Thank you Pau, Ross and everyone else involved for your continued dedication to making our tuning lives easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
    No need with their 2-bar stuff and the licensing scheme for that package no one will be able to get the money they put into that package back since it is locked to one vehicle. Kinda like edit ya know....
    Dirk,

In defence of the HPT 2bar program, based on what they are saying it can do there would have been a fair amount of effort in modifiying the code to do as they say......however, what it comes down to is if you think paying the $200 fee (on top of the purchase price of the software) to have a bigger VE table is worth it?.
    The method I described in another thread for running a 2bar MAP has powered many daily driven 10sec blown cars out here just fine, so it can't be too bad!!.

Once things have settled around here we certainly plan on offering many of the mods we currently do in house to the general public.
    Remember, we are only at our first release version of the Editor, it's only going to get better.

Cheers,
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by John Skiba
    In the meantime, all of us who have the genuine original get to enjoy one hell of a product with simply incredible support.
    Thanks John, your comments (and others) are much appreciated, keep going and you'll earn a bonus license :wink:

Cheers,
    Ross

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    The method I described in another thread for running a 2bar MAP has powered many daily driven 10sec blown cars out here just fine, so it can't be too bad!!.

Once things have settled around here we certainly plan on offering many of the mods we currently do in house to the general public.
    Remember, we are only at our first release version of the Editor, it's only going to get better.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I remember a thread around here, maybe two years ago, where I
    believe it was Delco reminisced about a 2 or 3 Bar MAP for a Starr Performance car that he and GMPX setup :wink: .

I think it was a Whipple Supercharger on a Holden - I don't even know what a Whipple Supercharger is........is it a Roots?? :lol:
    It impressed the Hell out of me because I realized at that point that they were deeply into the code. Remember...... I am the original Analog man.

Cheers,
    joel

Quote Originally Posted by bink
    believe it was Delco reminisced about a 2 or 3 Bar MAP for a Starr Performance car that he and GMPX setup :wink: .

Cheers,
    joel
    Wow, has it been that long...it is November 2003 isn't it. :?:

Cheers,
    Ross

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by bink

Cheers,
    joel
    Wow, has it been that long...it is November 2003 isn't it. :?:

Cheers,
    Ross

HeHeHe...no...it's January 2004!
    But seriously...Disgusting how fast time flew as you guys worked on FlashScan...isn't it??

Cheers,
    joel

In defence of the HPT 2bar program, based on what they are saying it can do there would have been a fair amount of effort in modifiying the code to do as they say......however, what it comes down to is if you think paying the $200 fee (on top of the purchase price of the software) to have a bigger VE table is worth it?.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I thought hard about what scan/tune tool I wanter for my 04 Pontiac GTO LS1. It came down to EFILive and HPT. But this is a clear example of why I ordered FlashScan. Straight to the point tell like it is and make it happen.

All I got from the other tool was market market bash bash bash the compitition. Actually, it created a complete lack of trust.

BTW this is my first post and I can't wait to take delivery of my order.

Thanks HighPerf.

I am not a forum junkie so I generally don't see what is being said outside of the EFILive forum unless somebody emails me a link of interest.

The difficult situation for EFILive is we were about 10 months behind HPT as far as a public release version of our tuning software which means whilst we get the tuner stable and 100% bug free and 100% support for all vehicles, things like code modifications to the PCM like what HPT beat thier chests about do get delayed.
    Take a look around here and see if you can find anyone at EFILive bagging HPT when it first arrived, did you see the bug lists they had?, did you have to pull your PCM fuse too?...hey everyone has teething problems and if that is what they use as ammo towards us out there in cyber space then that is pretty sad.

All we can say to our customer base is that operating system mods and more are coming, just because we aren't the first on the block to release it does not really worry me, afterall, LS1Edit was the first to offer LS1 tuning so it's not as though we are all pioneers here.

I think people just want to generally know what we have planned. We have made it clear we don't want to do the V6 or 4cyl market so when people ask that's what we tell them.......BTW, how's the other mob going with the 4cyl and Duramax programming that was promised MANY months ago??, any day now. :roll:

Cheers,
    Ross

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123