Thread: tune help

Default tune help

ok guys woudl any of you mind takin a look at a tune i built and look it over and tell me what im doing wrong,right? heres the tune,plz do not run this tune on any truck,i have no clue what it will do.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What kind of tune are you trying to accomplish? Tow, performance, economy. This tune has some very serious mistakes, and could possibly ruin your rig. Check out Dieselplace.com for some tunes that others have done and compare what is changed. Make small adjustments and then log what changes.
    http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/loc...ks.php?catid=7
    04.5 2500HD LLY EC/LB
    14 Sonic RS Sedan
    GM Certified Technician
    President of the 'I killed an ECM' club

HOLY CRAP!

Wow, I would not put that in your truck...

What are you trying to do?
    Pulse width is crazy, that will not work.
    vain position, what are you trying for there?

I'll just stop there....lol

How about modifying the area you are familiar with by a tiny percentage and see what they do for you. You can run the same value across the table like that, its not going to do what you want, Some tables this works but not any you have tried. I dont know what else to say lol.
    12 Second LMM

thanks guys im very new to this and help would be nice!

Holy crap. As stated above dont load this tune.
    03 single cab work truck LB7- 11.95 @ 113
    06 crew cab lowered Colorado.

well guys is their like a hand book i get get from some where? and what am i doing wrong? and why! im really new to this. help me out with some min and max numbers some thing im a lost ball in tall weads! or should i start with a lbz tune? it seams like they are easy to tune

All require the same care and are just as sensitive. small changes to start.
    04.5 2500HD LLY EC/LB
    14 Sonic RS Sedan
    GM Certified Technician
    President of the 'I killed an ECM' club

Quote Originally Posted by drdiesel View Post
    well guys is their like a hand book i get get from some where? and what am i doing wrong? and why! im really new to this. help me out with some min and max numbers some thing im a lost ball in tall weads! or should i start with a lbz tune? it seams like they are easy to tune
    begin with a stock tune, and change one table only, with your reasoning, there are several on here that will help you, that are very good LLY tuners.

B0720 and B0721 is a good place to start, though not my particular strategy, it has been very successful for many.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    begin with a stock tune, and change one table only, with your reasoning, there are several on here that will help you, that are very good LLY tuners.

B0720 and B0721 is a good place to start, though not my particular strategy, it has been very successful for many.
    Hey KB, if you dont mind me asking what your strategy is? I am also going to PM you.
    2004.5 LLY Duramax, Compounds, EFILive, EvolvedMS.com 50" Trac Bars, DDP Injectors, PPE Pump, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" Chrome Stack,
    ATS Trans w/ Triple Loc.

Evolved M.S, LLC & SS Diesel Tuning

It took me a year of just playing with trial and error, before I finally came to the conclusion that the truck was inconsolable with the existing fuel pressure table. It is a refinement nightmare. I looked at all the box tuners, and not a single one of them makes any real effort to refine the ride experience this way, so I took nearly 2 years to re-invent the wheel.

So I build tunes around a fuel pressure histogram that I wrote. It involves an awful lot of work, but the end result is sooo rewarding, that a 500 HP vehicle can also feel like a lexus in part throttle.

The specific issues addressed with this are progressiveness, noise level, and economy.

I never did this with the intention of selling it, but it seems I ended up with a marketable product.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"