Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 - Just Works

Cool Windows 7 - Just Works

So Windows 7 goes RTM next month to OEMs and VL Customers...

With proposed general release for 22nd Sept 09.. Very Exciting..

Finally something from M$ that I wont be cautious to sell to my clients enmasse..

Hope you brave beta types have all had a chance to check out VXP mode as well...

Been running various Windows 7 x64 Betas for the last 6 months and so far absolutely no operational issues with EFILive on a Win 7 x64 base.. Doesnt upset the Moates either.. Happy as Larry there as well...

Well 1 minor install issue but overcoming stupidity fixed that with some help from Tordne...

Anyone else ?

What about all those suckers that bought Vista?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Glad I have always had Vista licensing available through work... Would be somewhat urked if I had actually paid full tote for it..

As per usual folks will probably be nailed to the wall with horrendous upgrade costs..

M$ hasn't announced the final pricing structure yet but its full of different versions once again..

Of note is the netobbok version.. Should spark some life into the low power lappers...

SO no need for virus or firewall software in Win7 ?
    Cool first Micro$oft OS that doesn't need 3rd party software to protect it .
    What gets me is , people get excited about having to pay hundreds of dollars for a OS for their computer , weird !
    Hey what about ARM understand MS Win7 is not supporting ARM powered Netbooks .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I've been running Windows 7 x64 since it came to RC, and it's been solid. Performs well, and knock on wood, I haven't had a single BSOD. With Vista x64, I was randomly getting a BSOD on return from hibernate. I think it was the fingerprint reader driver doing it. Haven't played with the XP mode, though, but one of my co-workers has. I'm told it works quite well. My only gripe is EFILive's auto update doesn't work, but that's not W7's fault or Ross or Paul's fault. It'll get fixed though, I'm sure.

Chevy, where'd you get the idea you don't need 3rd party AV? The firewall in 7 is probably as good as a software-based PC firewall can get, but I'd still get some other AV.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    EFILive's auto update doesn't work, but that's not W7's fault or Ross or Paul's fault. It'll get fixed though, I'm sure
    Doesnt seem to be a problem here..

updates coming through on my system

With the update, I get the "ERROR: EFILive V8 is not allowed to run on WinNTx. Setup Aborted" message, and unlike when you manually run the installer, it doesn't come back and ask to retry using "Recommended Settings". From what I've heard, it' because the installer doesn't support Windows 7 (yet).

if i remember right after that it asked if the program was installed right i clicked all ok

Lifetime Member

For that message you need to go into program files and select all the programs, right click properties, compatibility mode, change to vista sp1 or xp sp3. Never had an issue after that.

Running W7 since Jan 8 actually, funny its been 5mo today. Beta now RC, pretty stable except for a weird wlan driver issue that sorts itself out after a week. Really weird. Havent checked VXP mode though, some day maybe.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast