Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 7 - Just Works

It is pretty good, though I haven't used RC1 too much since it's release. I'm not brave enough to move over to it away from XP at this stage.

On my laptop I have been running Ubuntu for over a month now. I'm pretty much a convert to it now for general web browsing etc. At least W7 doesn't feel like a bloated pile of crap Vista is.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I'm running Windows 7 on my main laptop full time now and find it really good. Only one annoyance with Windows Explorer going a bit odd and not showing any content (fairly regularly now). Logging out and back in fixes it.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    On my laptop I have been running Ubuntu for over a month now. I'm pretty much a convert to it now for general web browsing etc.
    Cheers,
    Ross
    Last edited by Chevy366; June 9th, 2009 at 05:43 AM.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

As a comparison.
    On my laptop Ubuntu does a cold boot to fully functional in under 1 minute, that is with wireless connection and the HD LED off.
    On the same laptop Vista takes about 4 minutes to get to the desktop screen, then a further 2 or 3 minutes to be usable as the HD LED is on solid! What a crock.
    This is really my #1 complaint with Vista, not that is sucks to use, it's not bad, but what a difference between OS's on the same PC.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

As a comparison.
    On my laptop Ubuntu does a cold boot to fully functional in under 1 minute, that is with wireless connection and the HD LED off.
    On the same laptop Vista takes about 4 minutes to get to the desktop screen, then a further 2 or 3 minutes to be usable as the HD LED is on solid! What a crock.
    This is really my #1 complaint with Vista, not that is sucks to use, it's not bad, but what a difference between OS's on the same PC.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Yep, same issue with Vista here Ross, thats why when I heard W7 beta was going public I partitioned and installed it within I think 3 days of it coming out. Cold boot with Vista is around 2-3mins, W7 is half that. And this is with the Microsoft boot manager popping up asking for an OS selection which kills a few secs at least.

Nifty little program for booting directly from one windows OS into another OS (windows or linux). iReboot 1.1 download link Great for booting from W7 into Vista by right clicking the icon in the taskbar and selecting Vista or the OS you want to boot into. No boot manager screens or anything, I never use the start menu reboot command anymore with 3 OSs installed, too easy to just select the one I want and its done for me.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Nifty little program for booting directly from one windows OS into another OS (windows or linux). iReboot 1.1 download link Great for booting from W7 into Vista by right clicking the icon in the taskbar and selecting Vista or the OS you want to boot into. No boot manager screens or anything, I never use the start menu reboot command anymore with 3 OSs installed, too easy to just select the one I want and its done for me.
    SuSE 11.0 KDE 3.5 had a utility that did the same thing a couple of years ago , they have not implemented it in KDE 4.x yet , will have to put it on the wish list at KDE .
    2006 Trailblazer

As a comparison.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Yeah , neat isn't it , Linux has a instant on OS that is harbored in the BIOS , press start button and instant OS ready to browse the web or other things .
    2006 Trailblazer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12