Thread: need better mpg

Default need better mpg

i have seen that some of you get 20+mpg with the duramax. i have an edge w/attuide open exhuast and can only get 13.5mpg. an help?

Well, you're definitely in the right forum...Most of the high MPG claims you've heard about were obtained using EFI Live to tune the ECM...
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

can that be done if you have a chip hooked up like an edge box

The Edge (harness box) "fools" the ECM, EFI Live reflashes your truck's ECM to the parameters you want to use...
    2007 CC/SB 4WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SD Sleeves, SoCal Diesel

2002 CC/DRW 2WD, McRat EFI Live, Trans, Trans Cooler and C3 clutch oiling mod by Mike L., SoCal Diesel

Lifetime Member

So no, you remove the Edge and sell it or put it on the shelf. Or use it as guages only.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Anyone have any good tips for changes to the tables to get 20+ MPG?

My personal opinion, is that most modifications to the fueling tables will hurt economy. Obviously more fuel sprayed is more fuel burned. The most helpful tables to modify are injection timing and boost pressure. I have adjusted my fuel pressure tables but haven't seen that it makes a whole lot of difference in economy, though I'm sure it would if I adjusted pulse to match it better.

My LBZ gets 22-23 highway at about 65-67mph. Use the timing calculator available on several forums. Also adjusting boost is beneficial while crusing bc too much boost simply creates what is known as a "pumping loss" aka extra friction due to increased cylinder temps with no gain in net power.
    Peace Through Torque

Punisher Performance DSP5 Tuning, PPE Dual CP3's, 68mm Fleece Cheetah, Punisher Built trans w/ Suncoast Parts, Airdog 165, SoCal 100% Overs, ARP Studs

2013 NHRDA Sportsman World Champion

www.PunisherPerformance.com