Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V2 switching option?

Default V2 switching option?

A friend of mine had a thought with regards to the DSP switching. Since the V2 is the only way it will be possible to switch the LBZ/LMM tune (if/when it comes to be), but a switch could potentially be considered "safer" (Eaiser to use), would it be possible to configure an A/D input on the V2 or Autocal to accept one of the DSP5 switches and change the tune that way versus fumbling around in the V2 menus? That way, you could hook the V2 (or Autocal) up to the OBD2 port, connect the switch up to the unit, hide it somewhere and switch tunes with the twist of a knob like with the LB7/LLY.
    Last edited by Cougar281; June 5th, 2009 at 01:51 PM.

Lifetime Member

That is a good idea. Sometimes I wonder how simple that is and make a small module that can plug into the OBDII port and then a switch on it. All it needs is the simply programming sequence as the Flashscan II does. Just some dip switches to set for correct controller.

Interesting to say the least.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1 View Post
    That is a good idea. Sometimes I wonder how simple that is and make a small module that can plug into the OBDII port and then a switch on it. All it needs is the simply programming sequence as the Flashscan II does. Just some dip switches to set for correct controller.

Interesting to say the least.

Brian
    That might be tougher to do than getting the V2 to accept a switch input on an A/D input, but I wonder if a PIC controller might be able to do that? I really need to learn how to program those things

Lifetime Member

Not knowing how the Flashscan II makes it connections but I am guessing a DSP tune can be put in a LBZ/LMM tune and make a simply box to switch. But the interface may be to complicated to redesign into a simple box. But at least a nice idea on the switch input changing idea.

Brian

The V2 sends te switch signal as a Class2 command, which is not exactly simple. You'd need more than just a switch to hook into the C2 bus. My guess is you'd need some kind of microcontroller to interpret the switch input and send a sognal on the class 2 bus to the ECM (although on the LMM, it would be the GMLAN bus, which would introduce yet another layer of complexity in making some "other" box to send the signals).

Lifetime Member

Yes I can see the complex use of it.

Brian

Lifetime Member

If you're going to all that trouble just hardwire a switch in the truck. Pretty sure its a parameter you change from V2 to Switch (not it but whatever the general idea) in the COS area. Just like the old DSP tunes before V2 switching came along.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    If you're going to all that trouble just hardwire a switch in the truck. Pretty sure its a parameter you change from V2 to Switch (not it but whatever the general idea) in the COS area. Just like the old DSP tunes before V2 switching came along.
    The problem with the LBZ & LMM is you can't. There are no available pins to use.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281 View Post
    The problem with the LBZ & LMM is you can't. There are no available pins to use.
    Ah I thought this was in reference to the LB7 and LLYs, not the LBZ and LMMs. Well this will be an issue to worry about when DSPs for them come out I guess.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Got to looking at the flashscan II and like if the flashscan can monitor the A1 input then one can add a DSP5 switch to it to do the switching. Probably can be added to the flashscan as an option in the menus that can be set to A1 input for it to act as DSP.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast