Thread: Custom Dashboard

Default Custom Dashboard

I know we covered this before, but I couldn't find it. Does anyone remember how to save our custom dashboard to the blackbox so the scans will open with the custom dash every time?

I must have done something wrong as my last three scans keep opening in the default dashboard.

Thanks!

In the properties of the Scan Tool, under the Startup section there are two options that ensure that the correct PID and Dashboard file are loaded by default (under Load defaults).

I am sure that somewhere in the recorded log is the Dashpage that was open/active when the recording is made. I have a custom dash and when someone send me a log it often opens in the default Dashpage because that is what they used.

If you have your custom Dashpage open when you start the recording and it subsequently opens in the default Dashpage, then sadly I can't help any more :(
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Will that need to be re-programed into the black box? (I had those unchecked again somehow) :oops:

By the way...thanks! I forgot about those check boxes.

I don't believe that anything other than the PID selections get programed into the black box.

If it is I must have just got lucky for once in my life
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Dashboards have nothing to do with black box logging.

Here's how it works (in brief):

The name of the dashboard that is currently open when you save the log file to disk is also saved into the log file. Whenever you re-open that log file, EFILive will attempt to load that dashboard.
    If you load a log file and do not like the dashboard that it loads, you can then load a new dashboard and then re-save (using "Save as...") the log file. The new log file will be saved with the new dashboard name.

As for the two settings on the [Startup] tab page of the Properties window. Those two settings will always override any dashboard specifed in a log file.

Note: You can open log files using Windows Notepad and see the meta data stored in the log file. Some of the data is in binary form (the first 1K block and the actual logged data) which can't be displayed in Notepad, but you can certainly read most of the important data - including the dashboard name.

WARNING - don't edit and try to resave the log file using Notepad - the results will be indeterminate and will probably corrupt the log file.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks, Blacky.