Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GETTING some HP from a stock Gen-IV V8

Default GETTING some HP from a stock Gen-IV V8

Hi there all...
    I got a Gen-IV V8 2008 GMC sierra 2500 HD truck (stock), and I want to get some more HP from it, well I am totally new to use the EFILIVE tune, and I am thinking of changing the TIMING, and when I went to the Spark menu i got LOST!! i don;t know what to change!!so anyone can help me to kick up my truck's HP !!! thanks a lot

you want to change your high octane table you really need a dyno as ive been down this road its rather hard to hit mbt on the street to many variables basically what ive found/been advised you need a dyno and really need to work on a group of cells and adjust them minimally bit by bit until you get a knock/yoru ect goes up higher than normal

Thanks Baldric...
    well actually I own a Dyno...but can u guide me where to find and change the variables in EFILIVE tune?!?!? thnx a lot

LOL mate ive never ever used a dyno so i have no idea but what ive been told/read is you basicaly tune it to get MBT then you will/should see if you go further than MBT your ECT (coolant temp) will go up as you've reached the max the engine can (safely) produce after that you will get high ECT temps and will introduce knock/pinging

I think thats the way it goes

have you done AutoVE yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldric View Post
    you want to change your high octane table you really need a dyno as ive been down this road its rather hard to hit mbt on the street to many variables basically what ive found/been advised you need a dyno and really need to work on a group of cells and adjust them minimally bit by bit until you get a knock/yoru ect goes up higher than normal
    MBT is usually a long way from Knock Retard and when you are doing load points on a dyno you will find your ECT will go up no matter what you do.

Dont know where you are getting your misinformation from.

Quote Originally Posted by JezzaB View Post
    MBT is usually a long way from Knock Retard and when you are doing load points on a dyno you will find your ECT will go up no matter what you do.

Dont know where you are getting your misinformation from.
    you missed this one sonny

Quote Originally Posted by Baldric View Post
    I think thats the way it goes
    im not a expert neither are most on here thus why we are here sharing information, and have been told that on this forum by some other people just sumarised what he told me

cheers
    Last edited by Baldric; June 6th, 2009 at 08:24 PM.

Forget ECT mate, not least because there is no way it will react quickly enough to make any informed choices.

Just change High Octane values on the dyno aiming for max torque at each load cell from the table. Make sure you dont have any spark modifiers messing you around too much like BKR or general KR etc.

Personally I use the area blend function as its hard and slow to do every single cell separately. Also low load high rpm and high load low rpm areas dont usually get used so you can kind of skip them somewhat.

I change 1* spark at a time any less and its hard to see a change.

Roadrunner is cool, but no such thing with the E38 I have to use now. So its start/stop runs and a spreadsheet with timing and torque values and multiple sheets to a workbook..
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

thanks a lot mates,,,
    hmmmmm well u might all laugh when I say that; this is not what I've meant, well what i am looking for is when I start the Tuning tool (efilive) I don;t know where to go when the ENGINE drop down menu opens I don;t know which one to go to !!!!!! I am clear yet?? or do I sound GOOFY!!!??
    lol

maybe jezzab would be so kind and share his knowledge and tell you the areas you need to change.... as i got mine mixed up
    Last edited by Baldric; June 7th, 2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: mixed up controllers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast