Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AutoMaf???

Default AutoMaf???

Hello,

I am having trouble understanding what exactly "Automaf" is or exactly what it does or how to do it.

When I first bought my car, it had a Granatelli MAF on it and it caused some issues. I replaced it with a stock MAF and most of the issues were cleared up.

Now that I have EFI Live and the ability to see all of the tables and parameters, I notice that the settings are significantly different vs. the stock settings.

So, I guess my MAF settings are in questiion as well as a better definition of Auto Maf and how it could help me before I start jacking around a bunch of other settings.

Thank you.
    Last edited by tatasta; June 18th, 2009 at 04:57 PM.
    1999 Trans Am - P&P LS6 Heads - TR224-112 - Procharger P1SC - Performabuilt Lvl 2 4L60E w/ 2800 Billet Stall - 9" Inch w/ 3.70s - LS6 Intake - Mac Mids - ORY - Gibson Catback - Suspension, Drag Radials, A bunch of Other Stuff

After auto VE, you enable the MAF (in OL)
    and repeat the auto VE process.
    Make sure you LTFTs are good in CLSD first.
    You car seems to have been tuned before, this can cause some headaches is some tables are off.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

I personally would set B0120 to 400rpm. That way the PCM is using the MAF exclusively. While I agree that tuning VE first and then doing the MAF should work. The reality is no VE table is ever going to be 110% spot on. So because of that any error in the VE will fudge the MAF data during logging. If you go 100% MAF and drive with small to moderate Delta TP the data will be more accurate in my opinion.

macca,

Thanks for the reply. I will try setting the threshold to 400 rpm. Once I load the new tune, are there any special instructions or pid's I need to add?

Actually, could you explain this statement in more detail?

"If you go 100% MAF and drive with small to moderate Delta TP the data will be more accurate."

I understand the concept but not sure I know exactly how to get the best results.

Thank you for your time.

Bob
    1999 Trans Am - P&P LS6 Heads - TR224-112 - Procharger P1SC - Performabuilt Lvl 2 4L60E w/ 2800 Billet Stall - 9" Inch w/ 3.70s - LS6 Intake - Mac Mids - ORY - Gibson Catback - Suspension, Drag Radials, A bunch of Other Stuff

In the scan tool look at the B5001 ben maps... select one, goto the Data tab and set the data to your ben pid (is it BEN1...?), and save with a new filename.

Macca is saying to operate the throttle in a smooth manner as best you can... i.e. so the transient filter doesn't throw out too much data... instead of snapping the throttle open, squeeze it open in a slow deliberate manner...

the difference is:
    - snapped open -> the transient filter removes pretty much all the data frames other than throttle at 0% and at 100%;
    - squeezed open -> the transient filter keeps much more data at various intermediate throttle settings;

this can be hard to do, and if you do it on the street you will find yourself going pretty fast, so watch out... it's easier to do on steep hills.

Thanks Joe,

I have been looking at the B5001 map but my dilemma on it is that my wideband is not supported on that particular map type. I have tried to open one that is not supported to copy the parameters to create one with my NGK AFX wideband but have not figured it out yet. Thanks for the clarification on macca's idea. I have a great place to do it.

What do you recommend as a method to get my WB to work with the B5001 map? I really need (want) to start using the map.

I guess one thing I am trying to figure out is how to enable the MAFFREQ pid. I'll bet it is not supported in my 1999 OS.........

Thanks again,

Bob
    Last edited by tatasta; June 8th, 2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: forgot ?

Bob,

MAFFREQ should be supported in your 1999 F-car OS...

Open one of the B5001 maps, then:
    - click the "Edit map properties" button (hand with finger pointing),
    - goto the Data tab,
    - set the Parameter to BEN1 or whichever ben pid you are using,
    - change the Title,
    - click Save As and give it a new filename.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    After auto VE, you enable the MAF (in OL)
    and repeat the auto VE process.
    Make sure you LTFTs are good in CLSD first.
    You car seems to have been tuned before, this can cause some headaches is some tables are off.
    When you say "repeate the auto VE process", do you mean exactly with exception of enabling the MAF or am I watching the MAFFREQ table to compare it to the stock values? Sorry, I know it sounds like a noob question, but that's what I am.

I meant use the Auto VE method for the MAF table,
    log BEN then paste and multiply.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    I meant use the Auto VE method for the MAF table,
    log BEN then paste and multiply.
    Perfect, just want I figured. You'da man!

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast