Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 0411 computer in 2000 S-10 w/5.7 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
    After you swap to the 02 Express Van calibration and the 0411, the next logical step is to go to www.eficonnection.com and hit up Michael Noonan, aka S10Wildside (on this forum), and buy his 24X reluctor setup for the Vortec V8. This converts your Vortec into an LS style ignition, aka COP or Coil on Plug. Now you can run a true LS1 map to control your Vortec. It works fine and more than fine. You can use stock LS maps to run your Vortec, I've already tried and had no problems. A little fine tuning and you are good to go but lets say a 2002 Z06 basemap is one of the best out there (what I'm currently using).

Have fun and enjoy. Now with all this spark energy and control, you can do whatever you want. 250 wet or dry nitrous, no problem! 10 lbs. of boost from a Procharger, no problem! 22psi from your turbos, NO PROBLEM!!!!

I'd look into what Custom Operating System 3 and Custom Operating System 5 do. If you ever boost or use nitrous, they are HANDY DANDY! We call them COS3 and COS5. Enjoy!
    OT, Stealth, you're running the 24x system already? I'm working on putting it in here real soon. how did you wire the tach signal on yours for the stock cluster tach?

do you mind if I PM you with any questions I have along the way?
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Quote Originally Posted by lowriders10 View Post
    That was the part I was worried about. I just didn't know what device I could use to get the tach to read correctly. Thanks for the info.

If you had a 24x motor that would be no problem in the cal. Just that the 3x and 4x er's are a little different, figured that out when I did a 0411 swap in my s-10 form the black box with the v6.

Lifetime Member

Lowrider,
    You're right about that thread being a mouth full. There is a LOT of garbage on there that I have no control over. I would say 70% of that thread is nonsense. PM me your E-Mail address and I will send you the wiring file.

Jeff
    98 GMC RCSB 2WD, Internally stock 305 w/Twin T-3 junkyard Turbos,4L80e,Ramjet intake,42lb.inj., 0411PCM, COS3,4675LBS w/me in it. Best Time on 5 passes-13.01@110

Quote Originally Posted by Lextech View Post
    Lowrider,
    You're right about that thread being a mouth full. There is a LOT of garbage on there that I have no control over. I would say 70% of that thread is nonsense. PM me your E-Mail address and I will send you the wiring file.

Jeff
    I've sent you a PM. Thanks for all your help!

Hey guys. Any idea where I can get the 02 Chevy Express van file? I've searched quickly in this forum, but I can't find it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lowriders10 View Post
    Hey guys. Any idea where I can get the 02 Chevy Express van file? I've searched quickly in this forum, but I can't find it.

Thanks.
    stock tunes are on holdencrazy.com
    1996 c1500 gen1e 5.7L - the "LS31", 24x CNP, LS2 coils, modified T56, 12200411PCM running COS3, zz4 cam, custom MPFI, etc. coming soon: Twin Turbos

Quote Originally Posted by Aloicious View Post
    stock tunes are on holdencrazy.com
    Thanks. I knew I'd seen it somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Aloicious View Post
    OT, Stealth, you're running the 24x system already? I'm working on putting it in here real soon. how did you wire the tach signal on yours for the stock cluster tach?

do you mind if I PM you with any questions I have along the way?
    I have not done the 24x swap yet due to lack of funds. If I had one, I'd install it. If you lived near me, I could have my ASE master Tech install it for you, and/or help you, like I help other locals close to me (Vortec Stroker).

PM me any questions you would like. If I can be of any assistance just let me know. I have lots of info, tools and the like, just less time than anything. Working together we can accomplish anything however, so just ask.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth97 View Post
    I have not done the 24x swap yet due to lack of funds. If I had one, I'd install it. If you lived near me, I could have my ASE master Tech install it for you, and/or help you, like I help other locals close to me (Vortec Stroker).

PM me any questions you would like. If I can be of any assistance just let me know. I have lots of info, tools and the like, just less time than anything. Working together we can accomplish anything however, so just ask.

Eric
    ah I mis-read, mine should arrive tommorow and I'll be putting it in over the next several days. I'll try to post pics up. one questions for you at the moment, you said the '02 ZO6 was one of the best out there. What makes it better than say, the '02 camaro OS? I looked through them but couldn't find any differences in the available tables or anything.

Default 24 vs 4

This question is so basic I feel dumb. After reading a lot of threads in the above link I think I understand that the 0411 with the '02 Express Van operating system will work with EITHER the 24 tooth reluctor wheel (AKA LS) OR the 4 tooth reluctor wheel (AKA Gen 1 Vortec). Is that really correct?

Confused.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast