Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BBL Logging and PID Selections

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Do you get those same vertical white lines in the log files?

Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by kwhiteside View Post
    I can't believe it. It worked so well for two days. Opened up the same log file I've been looking at for two days tonight, and everything is missing. No TP, VSS, RPM, AFR, all gone!

Only thing I did was play with Calc_pids.txt earlier and add a couple of those pids into my dash. I made a copy of calc_pids before I tweaked it and have reset it back, but it makes no difference.

Any ideas?
    Post log file and screenshots.

Yes, when I open the sample 0 to 100mph file, I get the verticle lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Do you get those same vertical white lines in the log files?

Paul
    2001 Corvette Z06

In the morning, I'm burned out tonight. Thanks for continuing to work with me.

I did notice something strange. I created my own ken dashboard, opened my log file with that. Had it working very well. Deliberately saved the log file because somebody said it would then remember to use the ken dashboard and ken pid's. It still grabs the default stuff, even if I preload my ken stuff first, of reloads the default stuff. Thought I would be golden with this log once I got it working once. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Post log file and screenshots.
    2001 Corvette Z06

Default Vista Error

OK guys, was shutting the notebook down to go to bed and got this little nasty notice from Vista. Ok, sucked into staying up a bit more. Sure, I'll play and clicked on the button to let Vista do whatever it wanted to do. So it reinstalled with its "Recommended Setting" whatever the heck those are??? Ran the program and the samples now work again.

I'll try my stuff again tomorrow.

It looks like the Vista Ultimate OS may be causing problems. Do you guys even know why Vista prompted me like that? And who knows what its recommended settings were that worked, or the ones that didn't work in the first place??????

here's the screen shot of the message.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VistaError.png 
Views:	156 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	5569  
    2001 Corvette Z06

Something interrupted or messed with the install or altered settings, files or configuration values in the EFILive installation. It may be a virus, it may be some other badly behaving application on your system interfering with the EFILive files.

Can you send me one of the *.efi files that displays the white vertical lines.
    I can check to see if its been modified in any way. Maybe it has had a virus payload inserted into it.

Regards
    Paul

Default Corruption

Morning guys, I'm fresh now.

OK, all this virus talk got me to do my periodic maintenance. I've always got mcafee running, but still stuff gets in.

msconfig tells you about all your tray crap. Removed a bunch of stuff there including you 7.5 and 8.0 auto updaters.

Went thru control panel, uninstall. If you don't use it, lose it!

Ran Malwarbites Anti-Malware, great program. found a few reg keys it didn't like and blasted them.

rebooted clean, ran scan tool and opened Manaro 0 to 100 sample file. Looks great, able to run and chart!

Without changing any defaults, opened my file. No go, datatab shows 2 externals and that power_rw that I last was playing with. Missing rpm, tp, vss, aft, etc.

Here's the interesting piece, making no changes, went back and reopened the manaro 0 - 100 sample that just looked good a minute ago, and now it is scrambled with verticle lines.

Pic and both the manaro and my efi files attached for you viewing pleasure

BTW, I've got a virgin BBL log file in my flashscan that I could copy over and try, but I'll wait for your instructions before I do anything. I could reinstall and overwrite registry keys too, but with this new sequence I've shared, I'll just wait for you guys.

Ken . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VerticleLines.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	5578  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by kwhiteside View Post
    rebooted clean, ran scan tool and opened Manaro 0 to 100 sample file. Looks great, able to run and chart!

Without changing any defaults, opened my file. No go, datatab shows 2 externals and that power_rw that I last was playing with. Missing rpm, tp, vss, aft, etc.

Here's the interesting piece, making no changes, went back and reopened the manaro 0 - 100 sample that just looked good a minute ago, and now it is scrambled with verticle lines.
    What is the file you refer to as "my file"? Can you send that to me as well?
    Either attach it here or send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul

BBL000014.efi in previous post was my Black Box Log file.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    What is the file you refer to as "my file"? Can you send that to me as well?
    Either attach it here or send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    2001 Corvette Z06

It is certainly a strange problem.

Can you try turning off Vista's UAC (User Access Control)? Then re-install EFILive and try running the software again with UAC still turned off?

Regards
    Paul

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast