Thread: LC-1 Accuracy Issue

Default LC-1 Accuracy Issue

Posted this up on the innovate forum, but thought I'd try here, too....since so many here use the LC-1 with EFI Live.

Well my 1 year old LC-1 died on me last week, so I ordered up a new LC-1...cable only, using my old sensor (which is also only a year old).

Followed the quick start instructions, and had it wired the way it was before (which worked fine, up until the end...).

Started dialing in my VE table for the new turbo setup on Friday night....it worked well on friday and saturday, but on Sunday, it seems to be reading the wrong AFR???

NOTHING changed in the tune between the two days, but now where it used to read 14.7 at cruise, it now reads 10.5 or 11 at the same engine load and engine speed??

What could cause this??? I free air calibrated it yesterday, and the problem remains. The sensor "moves around" like it should, but the AFR seems to be "offset" to the rich side by 3-4 AFR points.

I am reading the AFR via EFI Live using the serial connection. It reads the same on the laptop as it does on the V2 box

HELP?!!!!!! This LC-1 is less than a week old, and giving me problems already!
    2005 Silverado Duramax LLY - EFI Live Tuned
    1969 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup - Turbocharged 5.3L/4L80E - EFI Live Tuned
    1975 Avenger Jet Boat - 6.0L/Berkley pump - EFI Live tune in progress

Check your fuel and analog settings in the LM Programmer software,
    sometimes it will change for unknown reasons.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Thanks for the reply! I will check that out (even though it seems pretty shady that the LC-1 just likes to "re-program" itself....)

You might have to reinstall the LC-1 firmware also.

Good luck.

Brad
    99 Firebird Formula, M6, LS6 intake, headers, catback, lid, BRE cam.

EFI V2, V7.5.5 (Build 149)
    V8.1.2 (Build 142)
    Boot Block 2.07.01 Oct 14, 2010
    Firmware 2.07.05 Jan 29, 2011
    LC-1 with serial cable
    COS 5

Quote Originally Posted by bmax View Post
    You might have to reinstall the LC-1 firmware also.

Good luck.

Brad
    REALLY???????????????

JFC....is this pretty common or what? How many other LC-1 owners out there have had to reprogram the LC-1 or reflash the firmware, randomly?????

I guess I'm also curious how many others have had their LC-1 just up and die after a year of occasional use....as in weekend toy use....?

When you say die what do you mean,
    does it not connect to your PC or analog outputs show zero.

Reinstalling the LC-1 firmware may help it recover from the
    V2 firmware that was "killing" serial connection to it and leaving it in an unknown state.
    I have only seen this problem with the Innovate WBO2's but may not be limited to them.
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wasted Income View Post
    Posted this up on the innovate forum, but thought I'd try here, too....since so many here use the LC-1 with EFI Live.

Well my 1 year old LC-1 died on me last week, so I ordered up a new LC-1...cable only, using my old sensor (which is also only a year old).

Followed the quick start instructions, and had it wired the way it was before (which worked fine, up until the end...).

Started dialing in my VE table for the new turbo setup on Friday night....it worked well on friday and saturday, but on Sunday, it seems to be reading the wrong AFR???

NOTHING changed in the tune between the two days, but now where it used to read 14.7 at cruise, it now reads 10.5 or 11 at the same engine load and engine speed??

What could cause this??? I free air calibrated it yesterday, and the problem remains. The sensor "moves around" like it should, but the AFR seems to be "offset" to the rich side by 3-4 AFR points.

I am reading the AFR via EFI Live using the serial connection. It reads the same on the laptop as it does on the V2 box

HELP?!!!!!! This LC-1 is less than a week old, and giving me problems already!
    This is common for the LC1 and not necessarily a problem. A quick reset w/LM Programmer will likely solve the issue. I would say in a little over a year, mine reset itself twice. Once as you described and once at what seemed a moment of high heat exposure, at which time it seemed not to operate at all.

Its not a bad device for the cost, but its far from problem free. You can usually spot check it when in closed loop and its rotating around ~14.7:1
    07 Silverado DMax Classic
    02 Z06 LS3 416, 805rwhp, TFS245, Wiseco, Callies Crank/Rods, Iskendarian Lifters, Crower Rockers, FAST102/90, ATI Damper, 1-7/8 Kook's LT, QkTime Shield,Tolle-Fab 8pt
    Old Engine: 1/4mile = 9.6/146 New Engine:?

EFI Live Tune/Scan v7.5.27, EFI Live Scan and Tune v8.2.23, build 276, BootBlock 2.07.06, FirmWare 2.07.52, 512K RoadRunner (12.14.R), Innovate Serial LC2x2

COS5/12212156 For 2002 Z06 Manual Vette

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    When you say die what do you mean,
    does it not connect to your PC or analog outputs show zero.

Reinstalling the LC-1 firmware may help it recover from the
    V2 firmware that was "killing" serial connection to it and leaving it in an unknown state.
    I have only seen this problem with the Innovate WBO2's but may not be limited to them.
    When I say die, I mean DIE. Not able to connect, no LED....nothing. Maybe I'll try connecting to it when I can find a computer with a serial port....

Quote Originally Posted by TFZ_Z06 View Post
    This is common for the LC1 and not necessarily a problem. A quick reset w/LM Programmer will likely solve the issue. I would say in a little over a year, mine reset itself twice. Once as you described and once at what seemed a moment of high heat exposure, at which time it seemed not to operate at all.

Its not a bad device for the cost, but its far from problem free. You can usually spot check it when in closed loop and its rotating around ~14.7:1
    Wow....well hopefully that's all it is, because I'm not gonna be happy if it crapped the bed already. Like I said above, I'll need to grab my work laptop or something...need something with a serial port.

Can anybody recommend a good USB to serial adapter? Can you get something like that at Radio Shack, or what?

Thanks!

LC-1 WBO2

YOU GUYS ROCK!!

The LC-1 forgot what fuel it was supposed to be using.....it was all jacked up. All is well now!! Thanks!