Thread: Need help with A/C Tuning

Default Need help with A/C Tuning

Hello All,
    I've been working on getting my new motor to come off throttle to idle with the AC running. I was able to get it working before in my old 427 motor, but now I CANNOT for the life of me get it to work right. I used the same settings that I used in my last 427 in my new 427 and it just stalls right when coming to Idle. I have done all the other proper tuning, and I'm running OLSD and COSv5 operating system.

The issue I'm having is with the AC running, I get very lean conditions at idle which comes from the extra air that is added to keep idle up since I'm not running MAF'less OL system. It is not so much of a problem because I can make a shaddy work around for it. Although if there was some sort of map where we could add fuel during AC conditions that would be awesome, but I have not found such a map.

The major problem, which seems to be pretty intermittent, is coming off throttle, the motor will just fall straight on its face. It will not attempt to recover idle, IAC counts just fall straight until the motor dies. Hell, even just sitting idle, i turned on the AC and then after about a min once the extra air was added, I blipped the throttle (like 4%) which raised rpms about 100 lol, and boom, IAC counts started to fall and the motor fell RIGHT on its face.

But if I'm driving the car for a while, every once in a while it won't be so pissy, and will actually come back to idle ok, and will not stall. I can't figure out what it is.

I will work tonight to get some better logs so you guys can see what is going on.

I have done EVERYTHING associated with idle tuning, which includes RAFIG, spark timing, desired idle speeds, ve table, follower/cracker, learning tables, filtered airflow tables, EVERYTHING. It works FLAWLESSLY without AC, but once i trip the AC it gets pissy.

Cam is a 235/240 which is MUCH nicer than the old cam I had of 242/256 in my old motor which I was able to get AC working. I just can't figure it out right now...

Sorry for the long post. If you could post up a tune of a cammed motor with AC working in a OL SD mode, I would love to dig through it! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Adrian

Dig through mine!
    Attached Files Attached Files