Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wideband and efi live

Default wideband and efi live

I don't understand a dern thing up here about the lm-1 and efi live.

one guy says and shows the 3 wire pin that connects into the black efi live box and the other says with the lc-1 and an analog voltage.

How exactly do i go about getting efi live to read the lm-1 using the lm-1's analog output into efi live's black box on the cable???

I hooked it up with the 3-pin (3 wire) piece and it doesn't seem to work

When my wideband (the lm-1) was reading idle a long time back it was reading 14.7:1 and around that.......now I'm reading 20:1 and above...all the way up to 35!!!! WTF
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 STOCK 342HP and 352TQ [/b]MODS:Too many to list, PM...funny rear mount.. father/son build.
    [Quote :ur car is sneezing!!!!]
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    My STS build: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631954
    453HP 475TQ @6psi
    .....CAM'd, IC'd, and 7psi'd #'s coming.....

alright...well got it to go to 14.7:1 and idk what else i'm going to do

I have the lm-1 and I'm trying to figure out exactly how to wire it into efi live....these online guides from what i'm reading are the lc-1 and all i have seen from what ppl have shown me is that for the lm-1 you use the analog output on the lm-1 and plug 3 wires into the 3 wire thing that sticks out of efi lives black box.....

i know there is more than that tho
    01 T/A WS6 #4984 STOCK 342HP and 352TQ [/b]MODS:Too many to list, PM...funny rear mount.. father/son build.
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The wideband O2 inputs on FlashScan are actually a voltmenter that takes an input voltage between 0 and 5V and converts that to an AFR between (usually) 10 and 20 AFR.

You only need to connect two wires from the LM-1 to FlashScan. On page 21 of the LM-1 manual in section A3 is a diagram of a stereo plug showing three contacts:
    1. Analog 1
    2. Analog 2
    3 Ground

From that connector, you need to connect:
    LM-1 Analog 2 to FlashScan pin E
    LM-1 Ground to FlashScan pin D

Then log at least the following PIDs in EFILive:
    {GM.AFR}
    {EXT.AD1}
    {CALC.AFR_LM11}
    {CALC.BEN_LM11}

Using LM-1's PC based configuration software, you should check that the Analog 2 output is set to the following values (since that is what EFILive expects for an LM-1):
    10 AFR = 1.0V
    30 AFR = 3.0V

Regards
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flashscan_pinouts_212.gif 
Views:	386 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	225  

thanks man, I do appreciate the clarification so quickly. I will let you know how it goes.
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

ok so if i'm using the Anlg voltage 1 (red wire) and in E on the black box and the common ground (copper lookin wire, and in D) is all i need hooked up right? and then calibrate the lm-1 for the 1v=10AFR and 3V=30AFR using the lm-1 software??

what exactly goes in the 2 wire connector that plugs into the efi live black box?? is it simply those two wires in the 3 wire plug and calibrating the lm-1 unit to the above voltage :afr readings??
    then plug it in the tailpipe and take measurements and I can then use the lm-1 and efi live to do the ben factor?
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

By default the analog 1 wire from the LM-1 is set up to output a narrow band O2 voltage signal. That is not what you want to log with EFILive.

You want to log the wide band O2 voltage which, by default is analog 2 on the LM-1. So you need to hook up the analog 2 wire fromt he LM-1 to either E on FlashScan and the analog ground from LM-1 to D on FlashScan.

Try to fit the bung for the LM-1 wide band sensor as close to the collector as possible - reading from the open end of the tail pipe is not recommended.

Regards
    Paul

yeh i know about the tailpipe readings being inacurate.....I will see about mounting it on the y-pipe in the bung. I have no cats and i thought that that reduces error from reading at the exhaust tip...but I can hook it up to the y-pipe and I will soon do so. I will do a write up on this and do it in word with pictures so that everyone else who gets online with an lm-1 can understand how to exactly hook it up. I also have to get this to dynotune.org (for Dean) as he sells the wideband units and he wanted me to look this up and either send him a link or a write up
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

ok....how in the world do you get the wideband setup to get the 1V=10AFR and 3V=30AFR???

when i started my car efi live with the wideband was connected the readings from the wideband that were shown in efi live was 36:1 afr basically and the reading on the actual lm-1 was 17:1
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

alright, well i got efi live and the wideband working BUT (as always)

the readings that efi live is seeing is : 19AFR to about 21AFR when the actual is 14.5 to 15 AFR

I have the white wire (on C) and the ground(common) in the center (D) and this is how i'm getting these readings. something else is wrong...just can't figure out what... I am running a usb to serial converter...maybe it has something to do with it but i doubt it. don't know what else to do
    I KNOW KUNG FU.
    453HP 475TQ @6psi

still have the air pump hooked up? arf will be way high until it cuts off. otherwise do the free-air calibration.
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast