Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VN to VT 3.8 V6

Default VN to VT 3.8 V6

What do I need to do so that I can tune these motors with the factory computer?

Default Hummmm

If you go to these three places and put some time down you will find your answers. There are a few options and the later model stuff is coming to light. I can now see why it has taken so long. There were so many variations from VS on it is not funny.

http://www.moates.net/

http://www.delcohacking.net/forums/

http://tunerpro.markmansur.com/

PS: Holden's went memcal all the way to the VX,VY in the V6, there were a couple flash PCM's put in there as well.

Paul has mentioned that at some time he would like to integrate early chip editing into EFILive. I think this will be a while off, or maybe the effort to do so just might not be worth it when time comes.

Mick
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by MICK View Post
    PS: Holden's went memcal all the way to the VX,VY in the V6, there were a couple flash PCM's put in there as well.
    VX and VY supercharged V6 was memcal and std V6 was flash PCM
    Dave.

Thanks Guys, guess I have some reading to do. But in theory I should be able to set up a VS with VN computer so that it will run in a boat and tune it...

Yes, you can. There is a guy on the delcohacking site who has just done that. He is running a VS Ecotec motor with an earlier computer in his Torana.
    Dave.

I ran an ecotec engine with a VN computer in my VS speedway car.(rules wouldnt allow a later pcm to be used) IIRC it was only the knock sensors & ECT sensor that needed to be changed & a MAT sensor fitted.(plus a few wiring extensions)
    EDIT: This was done starting with a VN loom.
    Last edited by 5.7ute; June 9th, 2009 at 06:05 PM.
    The Tremor at AIR

and a MAP sensor (obviously)
    Did you have any problems with running the VN timing on the VS motor that you remember?
    Dave.

Default Hummmm

I have been looking real hard at the S/C code in the VS on, No Map!!

Pure Maf for air mass calculation-Why-some say better fuel economy was the aim for Gmh. I was wondering why I could not find a VE table...

The code in the N/A V6 had Map and predicated air mass.

If anything I would go for the 082 ecm before I went to a 808, there would be better reliability in the ecm department. JMHO though.

That VS ecotec ECM does not frustrate me anymore. Do you have the ecm and wiring harness for the VS? If you do pull the memcal from the ecm, remove the blue plastic cover and read the Bcc code off the silver sticker on the eprom. Let me know.

Cheers

Mick
    Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens?

BSTK is the one I am looking for Mick
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggsy View Post
    and a MAP sensor (obviously)
    Did you have any problems with running the VN timing on the VS motor that you remember?
    While I was running the stock camshaft there wasnt an issue. Mind you the engine lived high in the rev range on the track, never seeing under 4500rpm.
    The new owner has upped the camshaft & melted number 3cyl a number of times now. I had put it down to the standard fuelling calibration more than timing but I was a total newbie to efi at that time.(we werent allowed to tune the engine, only a stock calibration was allowed to be used for parity)
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast