quick question on how to convert a gen III V8 from cable throttle to electronic throttle. I can find a zillion threads all over the internet on how to convert ETC to drive by cable, but nothing really on doing the opposite swap?

Im buying a vortec 4.8 complete with PCM and harness (out of a 99 silverado) to go into my offroad buggy. The 4.8 is pre-2003 so its drive by cable. But the engine in my buggy is rear mounted, and it would be sooo nice to not have to mess around with a clunky/sticky 13 foot long throttle cable...so I want to convert it to drive by wire/ETC.

From looking at the pinouts of a 99-02 4.8 and a 2003 4.8, pretty much everything is identical, the only differences being the way the O2 heaters are actuated, and the 99-02 PCM has wiring for IAC and TPS, whereas the 2003 PCM just has the UART data wires to go to the TAC module.

Here are my questions:

Is there some 512k flash file out there (that I could directly full-flash into the existing 4.8 PCM so I dont have to buy another one) that supports ETC???

IF I have to buy a 2003 1 meg 4.8 PCM to make it work easilly, will the 2003 1 meg PCM plug right into the 99-02 truck 4.8 harness?? And if it will plug in (by grinding off the indexing key on the green connector), the only differences being Ill have to add the 2 pins for the TAC module UART data, remove the TPS/IAC wiring pins, and redo the O2 heater wiring... Is that correct???

Then obviously Ill have to buy a ETC throttle body, a TAC module, and an accellerator pedal assembly, but that should be easy to find and cheap because it seems EVERYONE has ETCphobia and wants to swap to cable operated throttle bodies...

thanks
ben