Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with fuel tables?

Default Problem with fuel tables?

I've been logging some data, then I click on the tune to see the affected cells in different tables. I noticed that no matter what the commanded or actual fuel pressure was, that it only would highlight in the 190 MPa column of any table that has fuel pressure. IE: B0720, B0721, B0722.
    Because I was logging to find the cells in a specific portion to lower my EGT's, it wasn't very broad. I would go into B1001 (fuel pressure base) and the highlighted cells were usually between 150 and 160. I was wondering why it was in the 190 column and checked the tables that modify fuel pressure base (B1002, B1004, and B1006) and I could find no logical explanation for this.

So I took a longer log and highlighted the whole log and checked the previously mentioned tables (B0720, B0721, B0722) and still it was only highlighted in the 190 column. This time I had many more highlights in B1001, all below 190. So I went back to my log and started looking at some things.

Here's an example of what I found:
    On frame 20 actual fuel pressure 12,724 psi (which comes out to 87.7 MPa)
    Pulse width 509.
    The 190 column is highlighted with a pulse width of 440. But if I go to the 80 and 90MPa columns in the same mm3 row, the numbers are much closer to what was recorded in the log at that frame.

My conclusion is that the ECM is using the data from the right columns, but the scan tool is only highlighting the 190MPa column in the tune tool. Which makes it difficult to use that function of EFI Live.

Also, I have a couple requests.
    1) EFI sets a maximum of 250MPa, but all the tables with fuel pressure only go up to 190MPa, can these tables be expanded to go beyond 190? Maybe to 250, since that is the maximum?
    2) My logged fuel pressure is in PSI, but it's in MPa in the tables. Can there be a PID to log that displays fuel pressure in MPa, maybe with several decimal points? PSI is much finer of a measurement, which would be better in the tables IMO, but I am assuming you didn't want the cells to be too wide. I would like having PSI in the tables in the tune table much better.

This is with 7.5.5 build 88
    I'll attach a log file and a copy of the tune so you can see what I mean.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anybody?

The tune uses MPa so the scan tool needs to be displayed in MPa not PSI or, well you see what happens. Change this by right clicking on the PID and selecting metric.
    04 2500, LLY/A, 4x4, CC, SB, 285 Toyo's, Amsoil lubes, Access Roll-up Tonneau, ATS Stage 2 trans, ATS 5 Star Converter, Bilstein's, Caltracs bars, Cognito Braces, EFILive, Kennedy Diesel Custom Tuning, Kennedy Diesel headlight harness, Kennedy Dual Lift Pump/Filter combo, Prodigy brake controller, Spa DG 211, Trippin Cyclops overhead gauge mount, , TTS 4" Exhaust, TTS Xtreme Beta, Amsoil Ea filters, Banks CAI

Quote Originally Posted by Racehemi View Post
    The tune uses MPa so the scan tool needs to be displayed in MPa not PSI or, well you see what happens. Change this by right clicking on the PID and selecting metric.
    Well that solves the part of them not displaying in the same units. I always wondered what the MPa was, but when I set it to all imperial, it still showed MPa, so when I looked for the PIDs I looked in the imperial section.

But, I tried what you said and set it to MPa and it's still a no go. Data only shows up in the 190 column. I also changed some to metric PIDs and they still display in the right area of the tune tool that is set to imperial. I'm assuming choosing metric or imperial just changes the way the same data is viewed, instead of two separate sources of data.

still having this issue.

Each pid can be displayed in Metric or Imperial, but the pid itself is a single pid.

Is this the problem you're having: the scantool Data tab shows different units for a pid than what the tunetool shows as table axis for the same pid...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Each pid can be displayed in Metric or Imperial, but the pid itself is a single pid.

Is this the problem you're having: the scantool Data tab shows different units for a pid than what the tunetool shows as table axis for the same pid...?
    No, that's not the problem I am having. The problem is when you highlight a portion of the log, then go to the tune tool it does not highlight the right cells that have to do with fuel pressure, except in the fuel pressure base table.

For example, say I mark a portion then look in the tune tool and the actual fuel pressure was at 80 MPa and the pulse width was at 528. I then look in the tune tool and look at B0720. The 190 MPa column is highlighted instead of 80, and therefore the wrong pulse width cell is highlighted. I think the other tables are ok, but the injection tables don't show the right MPa column, it's always the 190 column no matter what the pressure is.

Post some screenshots of scantool and tunetool displays.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logscreen.jpg 
Views:	1209 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	5643   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuelpressurescreen.jpg 
Views:	8981 
Size:	249.5 KB 
ID:	5644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MIPscreen.jpg 
Views:	1402 
Size:	263.8 KB 
ID:	5645   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MIPnopilscreen.jpg 
Views:	1262 
Size:	263.9 KB 
ID:	5646  

If you look in the injection tables, the actual fuel pressure is in the 190 MPa column. You can see in the log that it was at 62.6 MPa. If you look at the fuel pressure base table, it's showing the correct cell highlighted. I think this problem is only in the injection tables.

PS, sorry about pics being so big. I didn't resize them so that you would be able to see them better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast