Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LS1 PCM puts the MEFI4 to shame

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I have to say that you can't blame a controller for not making power, if the controller can get the engine to run at optimum timing and AFR then the engine will make the same power. Of course the whole point of this is the money you spend on a MEFI v's LS1 PCM and the tools you have to get to those optimum running conditions.
    I have not seen what the MEFI is capable of, but let's face it, there is millions of dollars on R&D sunk in to that LS1 PCM, no wonder it's so good!
    Totally true... but... if i have more resolution for timing I can get more power out of it
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Mike... send me a couple of those $50 junkyard pcms
    Hey Chris...location, location, location...

Used LS1 PCMs aren't abundant in PR as sunshine is not abundant in PA from December thru April.
    24x LS1 PCM on Early Small-Block Chevy and LT1/LT4
    http://www.eficonnection.com

Quote Originally Posted by S10Wildside View Post
    Remember this was not our project, but a customer's project (for his customer). He did mention a low 10 AFR during the pull. I can hardly believe that GM sells the RamJet 350 crate engine this way.
    My buddy works in the local Chevy dealer parts dept, he said they get calls back all the time. I thought it was a fluke also but then after getting the bungs welded in to my CMI exhaust. I fired it up and the gauge flickered once and nothing else, pulled a plug and yep it was about as black as it could get with out fouling, I'm sure that would have been next if I hadn't caught it. I flashed my MEFI3 ECM re-fired it started bouncing between 11 and 14 big difference. Once it burned all of the carbon out of the cylinder it stabilized @ 12 - 14.

I'm looking forward to playing with the 2 platforms after I get my shade tree mechanic engine dyno going.

Lifetime Member

With efilive it will be a finer PCM...

You will like it more and the car will run better... GM Knows .
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12