Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wide Band Poll

Lifetime Member

Default Wide Band Poll

I have read the problems with the Innovate widebands, specifically the LC-1, but was wondering how the Tech Edge WB's have been working? I am waiting for when my LC-1 takes a dump (have only used it briefly) and what to do if it does. It would be nice to stay with something that talks directly to the V2, but if there is something better, then why bother with all the hassel.

Which WB are you using?
    How has it held up?
    How has it worked with the V2 (if you are using the serial interface).

Thanks,

repost.... http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7977

If you want some specific info on the TE though, they are great units and interface very well with the V2 unit. Mine is nearly 8 months old now and is still going strong. I did need to replact the Bosch sensor just after Christmas, but that was because I ran over a large stick that was in the middle of the road and it flicked up hitting the sensor.

I also have the TE LA1 display hooked up. Both the V2 and the LA1 work well together and because they both work of the serial interface, there is not alteration of the WB data. I did a shot video of the 2 working together here....

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=WCDSMmRMtTM

Simon.

My LC-1 is a POS.....the new one died in only 2 weeks.....the first one only lasted a year.

I HATE INNOVATE!!!
    2005 Silverado Duramax LLY - EFI Live Tuned
    1969 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup - Turbocharged 5.3L/4L80E - EFI Live Tuned
    1975 Avenger Jet Boat - 6.0L/Berkley pump - EFI Live tune in progress

LC-1 was a POS. Worked for 10 months. Then it went TatsUp. The car tuned with it... then I put in an AEM with the serial output.. and then my entire VE map was lean everywhere. To eliminate the possibility of the AEM being bad... I installed a PLX M300 from my Supra and it read exactly like the AEM. SO... the LC-1 was reading lean even after all the calibration procedures followed.

2002 WS6, All-Lunati 383 Strok'r @11:1, Cartek Heads, Keith/Ross Racing Custom Cam, Victor Jr., 492whp 457wtq,
    Cartek Clutch, 9" Moser w/4.11's, 35 spline Detroit Locker, QA1's, NX, BMR, Tuned w/ EFILive V2 Black Box Logging
    Check Out My Latest Tune File: HERE

Lifetime Member

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I saw the original posts of the successes using the LC-1 with the V2 last year, but since then I have also heard of some of the problems with it. A few issues, I can deal with. A POS is something that I do not want to waste my time with.

I am hoping that other people have been having good luck with alternatives than the LC-1. I know that the Tech Edge, PLX and AEM units are supported with serial connections. Have heard a few problems with the AEM's but again, just trying to see how everything's been holding up / working.

Thanks for the feed back so far. Please continue to let us know what has worked and not worked for you.

My LC-1 worked flawlessly until I switched to the LM-2 Dual sensor. The only reason I switched was because of portability from vehicle to vehicle! The LM-2 is easy to connect and use......
    I regret not buying the Lambda Pro made by ECM though....www.ecm-co.com/product.asp?lpro
    Greg Banish speaks highly of it...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

2 1/2 years and the LC-1 is still working great , secret , ground to the engine !
    99.999999 % is ground problem with LC-1 .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

I bought one 3 years ago and it was dead out of the box. They sent me a nwe one and its been good to me ever since.

1999 Trans Am. 10.71 @ 126 - stock bottom end-

Lifetime Member

my first one lasted almost 2 years.. the next 2 only lasted a couple weeks.

Now i have a PLX and it flucuates at idle and cruising.. but reads consistant at WOT.

its quite aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    My LC-1 worked flawlessly until I switched to the LM-2 Dual sensor. The only reason I switched was because of portability from vehicle to vehicle! The LM-2 is easy to connect and use......
    I regret not buying the Lambda Pro made by ECM though....www.ecm-co.com/product.asp?lpro
    Greg Banish speaks highly of it...
    You regret not dropping $3500 for this?

If I need to replace my LC-1 I will go with the AEM 30-4100
    The accuracy and speed are close to the LC-1 and
    maybe it doesn't eat sensors like it.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast