Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wide Band Poll

Default My first LM2 SUCKED. Broke my balls...and died.

My first LM2 SUCKED. Broke my balls...and died.

An innovate rep told me that the early LM2s had problems and arranged to replace mine 6 or 7 weeks later than promised, but I finally got it.

When I called a second time, the guy I spoke to denied that anyone ever told me anything like that...So I asked....

"Why did you send me a FREE REPLACEMENT LM2 if there was no issues with the early ones????" You been caught LYING!

The second works flawlessly with efi live serial, but...The sensors are GARBAGE!

They tell me "we don't understand...We sells tons of them..."

TRANSLATED: The sensors are cheap consumer grade Volkswagen GARBAGE. They will fail if you stare at them too long. 1 sensor only lasts for 2 jobs and we'll sell you tons of them (since you have no other options) and we'll get rich selling you crap!

Then, you call innovate and 3 different reps tell you 3 different stories...and then you get that young kid over there with the bad attitude that tells me it's my fault they fail...Who wants to punch him???? I do.

How can a dyno operator put other brand sensors in the tailpipe after the cat, spit moisture on them, drop them on the floor, and make hundreds of dyno pulls with them and the sensor the innovate uses dosen't last for 2 or 3 quick street tunes?????

Anyone have a better suggestion for a portable wideband or a different sensor that might work with the LM2????

When I asked innovate if I could use a better quality sensor then their crap VW junk, they told me that the unit was designed on that sensor and that no other sensor could be made to work...

Is this crap or can someone help me find a sensor that will last that I can retrofit to the LM2???

Anyone want to buy 20 slightly used (dead) innovate WO2 sensors????Cheap!

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

LOL the Bosch sensor is not durable for %&$!
    I have to replace mine yearly and they are going up in price.
    I think it is the firmware that Innovate refuses to fix.
    If a Reichswagen can use them and not need replacing so often why do I need to
    replace mine so often?
    I can't believe those chicken %&$!s answered the phone for you Chuck,
    they treat they're customer like %&$!
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Stupid question - I have an old LM-1 and it has a switch in it for chaning over from a Bosch (LSU style) to a NTK (L1H1). I have never had to do this since my old Bosch unit still appears to work just fine.

Are there similar options or settings on the LC-1 and LM2???

i always had my suspicions that the average budget wb systems were not terribly accurate for wot tuning, and so i have always relied on several parameters for a sanity ck.{kr,nb02s,idc,ipw,ect}, but above all, is the visual inspection of the spark plug for a master reference. additionally, i do not trust interfacing the wb data, and so i always get it directly from source. i'm glad to know the average wb sensor sys. reads slightly leaner. i don't have egt indication or an exhaust gas analizer, but they would certainly be helpful in obtaining a solid wot tune. i have had the lm-1 for several seasons, and i'n very happy with the performance.
    04 gto 243 gmpp cnc ported heads , hot cam 219/228 .525 112, kooks 1 7/8 l/t,lm-1wb, sending unit for fuel press. logging, drag bags for the track na 12.2@112mph 1.77 60ft. new add ons 42lbs lucas injectors, lpe walboro, daves wet plate kit, purge,heater, fpss, wot sw., fjo mini controller,nano, new p/b on hoosier 275/40/17 10.998@126.49mph,1.588 on 103vp, 18* timing 11.2 afr. n150w bassani catbk. catless with ls7clutch.

LC-1 = Bosch only
    LM-2 = ?
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    LC-1 = Bosch only
    LM-2 = ?
    LM-2= Bosch only too! Thats from what I see.
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Lifetime Member

See this makes me nervous to throw down the $330+ for an LC1 and a WBO2 guage for my TBSS. Ive heard people are having huge issues with them, I talked to a local tuner who swears by AEMs WBO2s and says he has never had a problem with them. Bought a new one after 2-3 years and he does dyno tuning every day 5 days a week. I just read the WBO2 comparo and the AEM doesnt rank that high so Im lost. I just want a quality WBO2 that I can output to my V2 and a digital guage mounted in my dash. Thats it, I cant afford to be without one or have one fail as often as the LM2s are.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    My first LM2 SUCKED. Broke my balls...and died.
    You have it fitted in the wrong place, it should be fitted to car.....

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    You have it fitted in the wrong place, it should be fitted to car.....
    Funny guy...hahaha!!!
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123