Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Licensing question...license key said "scanner only" w/ v2 scan & tune

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Licensing question...license key said "scanner only" w/ v2 scan & tune

Hello,

My V2 just showed up today. The license sheet attached to it with the serial number says "scanner only". On the Help->Registration screen, I filled in the parameters exactly as listed on the sheet, including leaving "scanner only" selected.

I've only scanned a vehicle so far, but noticed in the "console output" of the scanning session that it really seems to think I purchased scan only, rather than scan and tune. Just wanted to make sure I'll be able to flash the PCM, and if not, what I need to do to correct the situation.

Should I just re-enter the registration info with "commercial scan & tune selected"?

Thanks much
    --Tod

Lifetime Member

The Registration card does not say Commercial Scan and Tune?
    What was the cost you paid for the Flashscan II?
    If it does not say scan and tune then that key will not work for scan and tune.

Brian

I notified Tech Support.

Thanks all...

I paid $750 (vendor having a sale), no WBO2, it's a scan and tune.

Lifetime Member

Yes for that price it should be tune and scan. Paul, Cindy, or Ross may have to get hold of you and the person from the company you purchased it through to get it all sorted out. I would say the serial number should help identified the way the package was to be sent out. Hopefully the reseller to you did not make the mistake and sent the wrong box out to you. Never know if a stock boy just grabbed the closest item on the shelf. Just some random thoughts but again these people above will help you get it all straighted out and quickly as possible. Just give them some time. They are from on the other side of the planet.

Brian

Are the physical units the same, i.e., is it just a license upgrade issue, or would I have to send the unit back?

Under FlashScan V2 VIN Licensing, I'm getting "the attached device is a scan only device and cannot be used for reflashing, so no licenses are displayed here."

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The "San and Tune" and "Scan Only" devices are identical. A "Scan Only" can be easily updated to a "Scan and Tune" by entering an activation code supplied by EFILive or one of its resellers via email.

Please contact the reseller who sold you the FlashScan, explain that it is not the correct type of product. The reseller can then obtain the correct activation code form EFILive to update your FlashScan device.

Sometimes a reseller will ship a "Scan Only" device in place of a "Scan and Tune" device if they are out of stock. In that case the activation code is normally sent with the shipment. Just check the package contents (including the shipping packaging) to make sure there is no other document that contains the activation code.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The "San and Tune" and "Scan Only" devices are identical. A "Scan Only" can be easily updated to a "Scan and Tune" by entering an activation code supplied by EFILive or one of its resellers via email.

Please contact the reseller who sold you the FlashScan, explain that it is not the correct type of product. The reseller can then obtain the correct activation code form EFILive to update your FlashScan device.

Sometimes a reseller will ship a "Scan Only" device in place of a "Scan and Tune" device if they are out of stock. In that case the activation code is normally sent with the shipment. Just check the package contents (including the shipping packaging) to make sure there is no other document that contains the activation code.

Regards
    Paul
    Thanks, have sent an email to him. He's been a great help so far so I don't think it'll be a problem.

And greatly appreciate all the prompt responses!

Thanks
    --Tod

Lifetime Member

No should be a simple license number change. The units are the same. If they can confirm what you should have I would think they send you some new numbers to get it fulling running.

Brian

Tod, It was a miss communication on mine and my distributors part, but I sent you a PM on PT.net with the info you need to upgrade your cable to a scan and tune.
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 Forged 5.7 LS1 GMC

Custom KBracing front mounted, BW S480, intercooled turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast