Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with virtual dash

Default Problems with virtual dash

The scan tool wont open any of the default dashboards. It says Windows can't find the file.

I had a simular problem getting the efi live software to stay open because of a missing file. After a search on the forum I found a fix. I had to find the file and copy and paste it to the efi live files. I figure it is the same type of problem but I don't know where to look for the files. Any ideas?

Where did you install to (which drive:folder)...?

Maybe try uninstall and re-install.

Just did the uninstall and reinstall. Finally got it regestered correctly so it doesn't go into demo w/v2 unplugged. Still no virtual dash files...

Ok, it's working. After reinstalling it, I tried it again and it didn't work. I just tried again and now it's working.

Hmmm... which Windows OS are you using...?

Vista. I had several problems after installing the programs the first time. The second time the only problem that I know of was the virtual dash files. An error message would pop up saying windows couldn't find the files. I tried again later and it worked.

Well, I just thought I had things working. As I read the scan tool tutorial and start to follow the directions I realize some things are wrong. A couple of examples are 1. The tutorial is telling me to double click on a dtc for more information. When I do nothing happens. 2. The tutorial says to unclick the rpm pid to see what happens and when I go to do that I see that the rpm pid isn't selected in the first place. I only have a few pid's selected. 3. As I read more I realize that the dashboard gauges should already have the gauges assigned to something. Mine don't, I have 14 gauges with no information just numbers. When I try to assign a guage to something it doesn't read that information. I've removed and reinstalled the program 4 times with no improvement. The dashboard I have selected is the defaul imperial dash. I'm sure there is something simple i'm missing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've also checked for updates and when the update starts loading an error message pops up that says "Bad Secret Token!" What the???

Bad Secret Token
    Turn off UAC with Vista, this will make software installs easier.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

I've done that. I had to turn it off just to get the software to load in the first place. I think I'm mission some files for some reason. This is getting aggravating!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast