Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with virtual dash

Before installing, are you logged in as Admin...?

Pretty much being an Administrator level account an disabling the UAC are all I am aware that is required to install the software reliably.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I have confirmed that I am logged in as Administrator and UAC is turned off. When I try to load a dash page, there are 5 folders to choose from. All these folders are empty. There are several other options below the folders but when I open those I get 14 blank gauges. If I assign a guage to something it will not read any information.

When you installed, did you do a full install or custom?
    It sounds like you don't have the dash .jpeg's or the .vdg's.
    Just make your own, the ones the come with the software are not good for reference IMO.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

I have the latest version of efi live downloaded with the latest updates etc. I have UAC turned off. I am also logged in as administrator on my laptop. The scan tool tutorial states:

"Next, let’s look at [Dashboard] page [A]. Go there by clicking on the [Dashboard] tab and then make sure the [A] button at the upper left corner of the tab is pushed. Finally, something that seems useful! This is the default dashpage A. If it’s metric and you’d rather it was imperial, or vice versa, change it by going back to the [PID] tab, clicking on the [Open PID file] button, and choosing the appropriate PID file. When you come back by clicking on the [Dashboard] tab you’ll find that the matching dashboard was loaded."

This is not happening and I don't know why. I've tried picking different pid's with no change to the dashboard. All gauges on the dashboard remain unassigned. Has anyone experenced this before? I've been trying to fix this now for about a month and i'm at a loss. Please help!

Right click on the gauge for the gauges properties and change the units.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Right click on the gauge for the gauges properties and change the units.
    I've tried to change several of the gauge properties. Nothing about the gauges change.

I've since pulled out the old PC that still has XP on it and installed the software. Everything works perfectly w/XP. It's obviously a Vista problem. I have no idea what to try next.

Quote Originally Posted by sixltrbtr View Post
    I've tried to change several of the gauge properties. Nothing about the gauges change.

I've since pulled out the old PC that still has XP on it and installed the software. Everything works perfectly w/XP. It's obviously a Vista problem. I have no idea what to try next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    Pretty much being an Administrator level account an disabling the UAC are all I am aware that is required to install the software reliably.
    Have you done this...?

I have confirmed that I am logged in as Administrator and UAC is turned off. When I try to load a dash page, there are 5 folders to choose from. All these folders are empty. There are several other options below the folders but when I open those I get 14 blank gauges. If I assign a guage to something it will not read any information.
    I have the latest version of efi live downloaded with the latest updates etc. I have UAC turned off. I am also logged in as administrator on my laptop. The scan tool tutorial states:

"Next, let’s look at [Dashboard] page [A]. Go there by clicking on the [Dashboard] tab and then make sure the [A] button at the upper left corner of the tab is pushed. Finally, something that seems useful! This is the default dashpage A. If it’s metric and you’d rather it was imperial, or vice versa, change it by going back to the [PID] tab, clicking on the [Open PID file] button, and choosing the appropriate PID file. When you come back by clicking on the [Dashboard] tab you’ll find that the matching dashboard was loaded."

This is not happening and I don't know why. I've tried picking different pid's with no change to the dashboard. All gauges on the dashboard remain unassigned. Has anyone experenced this before? I've been trying to fix this now for about a month and i'm at a loss. Please help!

Well, I've gained some ground getting this problem fixed. I sat down with the laptop and the PC side by side and started opening efilive files to see what was in them. I found several files missing on my laptop (Vista) so I used my jump drive and started moving files over from the PC (XP) to the laptop. Now everything seems to be loading properly on the laptop. The dashboard opens up with the default gauges etc. Now the only problem that I can see is the gauges still don't read the data. I've connected the scan tool to the truck and it doesn't register any data. I can read codes now and as far as I know everything else works. Is this something that anyone has run into? Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast