Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting info on B3702 Injection timing

Lifetime Member

Okay, I sent you what you asked for last week.
    02 Z06, 573/530rw N/A 416, 10.21@136.12.

I don't see any emails that might be from you (not in my inbox nor in my junk/spam folder).

Lifetime Member

Okay, I will resend. It would have come from Ber1tuning@gmail.
    02 Z06, 573/530rw N/A 416, 10.21@136.12.

Ok, I'll look out for it.

I did not see email from you... so I sent you an email using the email address you showed in post #143 above (with .com on the end of it).

Lifetime Member

ting research paper of injector timing, open inlet valve vs closed inlet valve injection

http://www.v-eight.com/multimedia/li...n%20engine.pdf

"However, one can speculate from these trends that the effects of injection timing on mixture quality are the reason for differences in CO emissions. Since the CO is formed due to a lack of oxygen present to make CO2, a better mixture quality is essential to lowering the CO emissions. From already stated reports dealing with HC formations, it was found that OVI injection timing can cause a local stratified mixture in the cylinder, which would cause more CO emissions due to locally rich regions in the cylinder. Conversely, with CVI timing, the fuel is transported completely through atomization. Thus, less fuel becomes stuck near the cylinder wall, causing a more homogeneous mixture. At low speed, gas temperatures and air velocities are lower than for the high RPM case. At low load, the gas temperatures are less hot than at high load. Therefore, changing from low load/speed to high load/speed has an effect on fuel/air mixing properties. However, it can be speculated that the differences in mixture quality between OVI and CVI timing become smaller as speed/load are increased. The high temperatures in the cylinder help the fuel on the cylinder wall vaporize, and the high velocities will help the fuel mix with the air more effectively during OVI timing. Once these conditions were combined, such as in the case of high load and high rpm, the data actually showed a small increase in CO emissions for the CVI timing case.
    Injection timing also had a significant effect on hydrocarbon emissions at low engine speeds. This is illustrated in Figure 6. In all cases at 2100 RPM, negligible differences in hydrocarbon SE were observed. However, at 1500 RPM marked differences were detected. Stoichiometric conditions were affected the most by injection timing. For instance, the HC specific emissions (with φ=1) decreased approximately 30% at both load conditions. At lean conditions, the HC SE decreased 16% and 25% at loads of 200 kPa and 400 kPa, respectively. These results coincide with the findings of Arcoumanis et al [8] and Yang et al [4]. These changes occur for many of the same reasons mentioned in regards to CO emissions. The larger number of fuel droplets as well as the higher concentration of fuel near the cylinder wall from OVI timing decreases combustion quality, maximizing HC emissions. Once again, as shown in the CO data, the higher engine speed/temperatures at 2100 RPM quash all benefits inherent in CVI timing."

Lifetime Member

All the calculations around the net about the low resolution periods is INCORRECT! Lo Res periods is NOT 90 degrees.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    All the calculations around the net about the low resolution periods is INCORRECT! Lo Res periods is NOT 90 degrees.
    If it's not 90 degrees, then what is it?

Lifetime Member

+1^^^

My thoughts would be a low res period of 720 degrees, hi res period of 6 degrees. Low res being the cam sensor which is a single pulse per cam revolution, Hi res from the crank reluctor which has 58 teeth, but is actually 60 minus 2 in the spacing.
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast