Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on Tuning with AutoVE tutorial

Add to your filter set excluding where TP is less than 1%. Also forget heel toe blips etc when trying to get data. You will just bring errors in that will need filtering out later. Good steady state data is the key when doing the autove process.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    Add to your filter set excluding where TP is less than 1%. Also forget heel toe blips etc when trying to get data. You will just bring errors in that will need filtering out later. Good steady state data is the key when doing the autove process.
    OK, I'm going to scrap this log and do another without blips and keep it smooth. But I'm heading down the right path to flash this up right?

At this point I still have c2901 and c2903 set to 1. Which parameters define weather the MAF is on or off? I ran the AutoVE with the MAF plugged in so it would get the IAT, but I think some setting from the tutorial caused the MAF to error out even though plugged in. I'm trying to figure out what the AutoMAF piece is. Somebody said, turn MAF back on and keep going thru process. Please elaborate for me.

Thanks for working with me BTW

C2901/C2903 set to 1 will fail the maf as you have done, while still allowing you to use the IAT sensor.
    To do automaf once you have dialled in autoVE turn C2901/C2903 back to stock. B0120 to 400. (This will make the PCM run exclusively off the maf.) Make a map to copy the maf tables & do the same as AutoVE except this time you are paste/multiplying the Ben factor to the maf transfer curve.
    The Tremor at AIR

Thanks for all your help guys. My car is going back up in the air tonight for brake ducts. I should be back in tune mode on Friday. I think I understand what you have described. Hopefully I can figure out the MAF / MAP process.

So after this I should be pretty much have a base tune? Is this the process the pro tuners use, but replacing my street driving / logs / map with dyno runs / logs / maps ?

You're on the right path, as posters above indicated...

Failing the MAF (you should see a MAF DTC, one of P0101, P0102, P0103) causes the PCM to failover to the VE table (allowing you to tune it).

Check that you do get one of those DTC's.

A pro tuner may do this if he spends a few days with your car @ $600+ per day... as a matter of time, the pro tuner will not be able to hone everything in like you would (you have much more time on your car than a pro tuner would have)... in all fairness, the pro tuner has to pay the rent so he has to push several cars thru each day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12