Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injector flow rate maxxed out fuel gauge error

Lifetime Member

nah just set it all to 0.25 didn't make any difference al all. Bugger!
    what next
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afr step.JPG 
Views:	247 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	9428  
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

Quote Originally Posted by ringram View Post
    Ross can we flash to an 09 OS? Or does that kill ECU's?

Also guys I use voltage mod with a factor of 2.2 and while the trip meter is probably bad as well as the g/cyl fueling seems spot on.

Hymey your plan sounds interesting. I too have the siemens injectors.
    Hey mate, long time no hear. I normally do this mod with 63 pounders to bring the g/s back into line and the vve gets more "real" values and doesn't mess up the timing tables. We know that to get fueling back where it should be we have to increase the flow rate much more then 8. The voltage multipliers haven't worked for me.

Let me have a think about that one Mike just got home mate will get back to you very soon. I have not come across it personally but a friend of mine has in Melbourne.

Is it running Mafless or Maf on Mike? If it is Maf tune could try turning off the vve with the high speed fuelling table which is sety at 4000rpm stock set it to below idle speed and see if it logs differently. As the VVE is pure mathematical calcs, more so then any other commodore pcm ve, it is not as simple as command x value in VVE and get y amount of pulse width.

Is there is missfire ?

Joel
    Last edited by hymey; November 7th, 2010 at 09:58 PM.

Lifetime Member

Hi,
    running in full open loop in Mafless with the Maf unplugged and failed in the tune.
    I'm glad someone else has seen this!!! thought I was going a bit mad
    cheers,
    Mike

I use the same injectors in my own car and the average fuel is about 0.3L/100km worst than indicated. The error gets worst the bigger the injectors. There is nothing that can be done to fix the error. Some of the more recent OS's let the correct injector numbers to be entered and then there isnt a problem
    Oztrack
    EFILive Tuning Consultant

Worldwide Remote Tuning Service

2006 NSW Super Street Drag Racing Champion

www.oztrack.com.au

Lifetime Member

Hi Oztrack, have you seen this problem with the IPW jumping up and down at certain g/s loads > see my earlier post on this thread.....
    Mike

Has the "fix" for the limit been published? I just hit this with my Edelbrock SC and the 53 PSI injectors. What harm does this flatline cause on my E38 ECM and my engine. Can we flash in the 09 ZR1 into my E38?

Elmer

Hi Elmer,

I would not worry about the fuel gauge so much, But work on modifying the other tables out lined so it gets your VE numbers back in check and allows "real" accurate g/cyl values which makes it easy for tuning AND real torque values to the A6 if you have one. This works wonders with A6 tuning..... You will know how far it is out after you swapped out injectors and seen the error of fuel % with fuel trims after the inj tables are maxxed out. It can be corrected then via the intake charge tables. This table has tremendous benefits to in drag racing where under high loads in taller gears the afrs go richer which may hurt hp a little you can lean it out a touch after a certain speed ie 140 or 160km/h. It can be worth an extra mph or so. Hope this helps.

Joel

I bought FIC 52# injectors rated at 3 bar. My fuel system runs a hard 4 bar... So I get over the 7.999 hard limit. I'm not sure what to put into the table now... it goes past 8 well before 80 KPA. So what am I supposed to do? Also the car will be boosted. What will happen to my VVE as boost rises and starts to reverse the flow, how is it going to react, it'll start to lean out even though I have my VVE dialed in?

The 80kPa you mention might be vacuum... post your calibration file here (actually, post it in your other thread).

If the IFR is limited to a max value, then you may have to scale the IFR and VE tables.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12