Thread: Help with tuning for E85

Default Help with tuning for E85

I am looking into tuning my forced induction truck to run E85. Just wanted to know what I need to do to change my tune for it. I am new to the tuning world. Thanks Thomas
    2004 silverado rcsb 2wd 5.3, 3.42's, 4l80e w/hd-2 and yank 3200, 01 LS6 cam, walbro 255hp intank pump, edge products 60lbs injectors, sts rear mount, EFILIVE with help of Nelsonperformance.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERTRUCKER View Post
    I am looking into tuning my forced induction truck to run E85. Just wanted to know what I need to do to change my tune for it. I am new to the tuning world. Thanks Thomas
    One way is to set the AFR Stoichiometric table to ~9.8 (E85) vs 14.68 or thereabouts.

Or look for a similar operating system for your PCM that has Flex Fuel and look at how it is set up, and/or maybe you can use the FF OS in yours. (though compatibility is another thing.........).

i took my 93 octane tune....added 30% to the ve table and 35% to the boosted ve table and then dialed it in from there. I tuned for the exact same a/f as 93 octane at part throttle and 11.0 afr at WOT. I didnt change anything with my wideband....just whats listed above