Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: nitrous help

Quote Originally Posted by waterbug1999 View Post
    As in N20 I am assuming.. Just making that clear so he doesnt spray straight N20.
    Thanks for clarifying that. I forgot you guys talk funny.
    The Tremor at AIR

Ok that is a great idea. I didnt know i could do that.. I also have found out I cant get the relay I got with my system anymore.. I'm looking for one that will work. Any info on which relay you use would be awesome!
    Texas speed ls2 402, performabuilt 4l60e, 3600 stall,
    Zex Nitrous kit, BMR Torque arm,BMR LCA'S, Relocation brackets.
    best time all motor 11.8 with a 1.6 60' at 6800' DA.

Quote Originally Posted by blue99ta View Post
    Ok that is a great idea. I didnt know i could do that.. I also have found out I cant get the relay I got with my system anymore.. I'm looking for one that will work. Any info on which relay you use would be awesome!
    I just use a standard 12V 40amp automotive relay. This way I only have to keep the one spare relay for a couple of systems I have on my car.(linelocker etc)
    This also removed any confusion with the pins as the relay I got with my kit was a switching relay. Mess those up & you could end up in strife.
    The Tremor at AIR

I need to ask, what kind of system you have? If your system is a single stage then you only need one relay.. IMO, you say you want to spray a 180 shot, Id hit all that at once and let'er rip!

1999 Trans Am. 10.71 @ 126 - stock bottom end-

I need to ask, what kind of system you have? If your system is a single stage then you only need one relay.. IMO, you say you want to spray a 180 shot, Id hit all that at once and let'er rip!
    An 8" tyre is lucky to hold a 100hp shot here. I throw in the 150 pill when I feel like blacktracking.
    I use a seperate relay to ground the pin for the nitrous tables. I also use the same type of relay for the linelocker etc. One spare suits all.
    The Tremor at AIR

Quote Originally Posted by 5.7ute View Post
    An 8" tyre is lucky to hold a 100hp shot here. I throw in the 150 pill when I feel like blacktracking.
    I use a seperate relay to ground the pin for the nitrous tables. I also use the same type of relay for the linelocker etc. One spare suits all.
    I guess that depends on your track prep.. I've cut 1.45 60 on my stock 16x8" rim with a 255/50/16 MT DR with no problem. My other bud has a stroked 402 in his TA and is hooks a 1.42" on the same tire set up..

I hope the OP has something wider then a 8" wheel being that hes at ~500hp N/A to begin with.

Why do you have a relay for your line lock?

1999 Trans Am. 10.71 @ 126 - stock bottom end-

I guess that depends on your track prep.. I've cut 1.45 60 on my stock 16x8" rim with a 255/50/16 MT DR with no problem. My other bud has a stroked 402 in his TA and is hooks a 1.42" on the same tire set up..

I hope the OP has something wider then a 8" wheel being that hes at ~500hp N/A to begin with.

Why do you have a relay for your line lock?
    The track prep was the best its ever been here a couple of weeks ago. The times the top fuel bikes were pulling showed that. Unfortunately just under 500rwhp wont get down to the track without serious suspension mods. That is something I do not wish to do as the vehicle is a genuine daily driver that pulls work duties.
    The driver (me) also needs a kick up the ass to start getting off the line properly. Unfortunately when the last amber is starting to glow the clutch is dumped & its time to hold on. Best 60 so far is a low 1.6. 1.5's should be obtainable with a bit more smarts at the line.

The line lock is on a relay to keep the dash switches wiring small & on the one main power feed.
    The Tremor at AIR

Ok guys, I got a relay today moved the spray behind the maff. I just threaded the maf behind the wires. Also changed timing like you said and now wow! take a look at the log if you have time. I ran a 12.3 afr and i'm going to change the fuel to a 35 a buddy had one so that should put me well in the boundries. It felt very good but I noticed that the maf is now showing a lot lower grams. Why is that? I figured the nitrous was just moving that much air past it? it used to top out at 439 now ist around 280ish which I have ran NA. I'm running 24 degrees timing and that where its at I think its doing great! let me know what you think. Also I think both of you have awesome cars! I wish I lived closer to the track.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes its a single stage ZEX kit.

Quote Originally Posted by blue99ta View Post
    Ok guys, I got a relay today moved the spray behind the maff. I just threaded the maf behind the wires. Also changed timing like you said and now wow! take a look at the log if you have time. I ran a 12.3 afr and i'm going to change the fuel to a 35 a buddy had one so that should put me well in the boundries. It felt very good but I noticed that the maf is now showing a lot lower grams. Why is that? I figured the nitrous was just moving that much air past it? it used to top out at 439 now ist around 280ish which I have ran NA. I'm running 24 degrees timing and that where its at I think its doing great! let me know what you think. Also I think both of you have awesome cars! I wish I lived closer to the track.
    When you were spraying before the maf the fuel & nitrous were being measured as airmass. This was causing the injectors to dump more fuel until the maf was pegged. You do not need the maf to measure any more airflow as the nitrous jet is taking care of fuelling for you.
    FWIW 439g/sec is the maximum that your maf table is set to read. I gauruntee it would have been much higher if the calibration let it do so.
    Around 24 degrees is where mine sits at on a 100 shot. Each vehicle is different though so a trip to the dyno is needed to gain the best out of your combo.
    IMO 12.3 AFR on the gas is also too lean. I would be looking around the low 11's, but again, a trip to the dyno will work out what the engine wants.
    The Tremor at AIR

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast