Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: New beginner's Tuning Guide (DVD) from Calibrated Success

Quote Originally Posted by 98 tigershark View Post
    If thats even worth talking or arguing about seriously, I am going to go back to a Carburetor and sell all the junk that I have spent thousands on and then I will send the bill to innovate for damaging my motor with a known piece of junk. Not!!!!! This is ridiculous and we need a beer summit.
    LOng live PLX , innovative and all of the peice of crap sensors all of us tuners have used for years.
    Frankly I tried to be polite and asked not to have my equipment insulted and if this is how to teach people by calling their tuning equipment junk? I hate know it alls that insult my stuff!!!
    Ticked off
    98 tigershark
    Well, if that's the "mentality" you want to exhibit, then I'll happily insult you.

EFIL and HPT both give us the ability to properly tune, but using subpar quality materials to do it with makes zero sense. I assume you'd rather the manufacturers to tune like you, 'eh? What's the old adage, anyone can teach a monkey...

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    Where are they available?
    The standard NGK AFX comes with a Bosch sensor. While this is a great tool, it is vastly superior when equipped with the NTK sensor. NGK ultimately will switch the sensor out to the NTK sensor once they run out of the Bosch sensor stock.

There's quite a few performance companies online that sell this system, and there is one that I know of that sells it with the NTK option. Possibly NGK's future kit with the NTK sensor won't be much of anymore money than their current kit is now (I know an NGK employee stated in email that it may be around $30 more, but that's also not official, so you can't put faith in it right now).

Default You already did!!!

My vette just ran a 9.84 sec 1/4 mile friday with my monkey tune and equipment. Buy the way when you train us monkeys you should give us Bananas when your not inhaling exhaust. FYI the guy who tuned the 605 hp super cobra for ford used a LC1. Not NKG!!! But I forgot you know everything.
    98 tigershark

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Well, if that's the "mentality" you want to exhibit, then I'll happily insult you.

EFIL and HPT both give us the ability to properly tune, but using subpar quality materials to do it with makes zero sense. I assume you'd rather the manufacturers to tune like you, 'eh? What's the old adage, anyone can teach a monkey...
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by 98 tigershark View Post
    My vette just ran a 9.84 sec 1/4 mile friday with my monkey tune and equipment. Buy the way when you train us monkeys you should give us Bananas when your not inhaling exhaust. FYI the guy who tuned the 605 hp super cobra for ford used a LC1. Not NKG!!! But I forgot you know everything.
    98 tigershark
    I tune 500, 600, 700, 800 rwhp Fords ALL day long, but I don't screw my customer and give them a raped/fake/false tune by using POS equipment to do it with. I also don't rape their injector calibrations, their spark tables, their PE tables, nor their MAF and/or VE tables, like so many in the GM and Ford field do. I'm not exactly sure who you are referring to, but I can also assure you that Ford would NEVER release an EPA approved tune to the masses based on the LC1.

That's awesome your car ran what it did. Congrats (I'm being sincere here)! I have a few RX-7 customers that have converted over to LSx based engines. They are SICK vehicles! I have a close friend that is about to drop his 402 out of his C5 into one. He was able to run a mid-10 in his C5, so with 500# less weight it should be NASTY like yours!

I tune 500, 600, 700, 800 rwhp Fords ALL day long, but I don't screw my customer and give them a raped/fake/false tune by using POS equipment to do it with. I also don't rape their injector calibrations, their spark tables, their PE tables, nor their MAF and/or VE tables, like so many in the GM and Ford field do. I'm not exactly sure who you are referring to, but I can also assure you that Ford would NEVER release an EPA approved tune to the masses based on the LC1.

That's awesome your car ran what it did. Congrats (I'm being sincere here)! I have a few RX-7 customers that have converted over to LSx based engines. They are SICK vehicles! I have a close friend that is about to drop his 402 out of his C5 into one. He was able to run a mid-10 in his C5, so with 500# less weight it should be NASTY like yours!
    And how much do you charge?

1999 Trans Am. 10.71 @ 126 - stock bottom end-

Quote Originally Posted by waterbug1999 View Post
    And how much do you charge?
    Not a knock by any means, but I really don't think that's important to the scope of this thread, and I certainly didn't want this all to turn into a frenzy within Greg's thread. My point was merely to state facts concerning the widebands, and that using subpar equipment is akin to the same as raping your tune. Did I come across as a bit harsh in my post, possibly, but over the years this industry has given me a direct and to the point attitude. I want my customers to excel with their vehicles. Knowledge = Power!

So called "professional" tuners who use subpar equipment are honestly the laughing stock of the true pro tuning industry. Those who support them are just unfortunately clueless to the situation. When one can purchase equipment that is vastly superior, all for the same, possibly less, or not much more in price, yet they don't, they generally do it because either they are amateurs and clueless (again, not a knock, as we all have to start from somewhere), or they do it purely for aesthetics ("this gauge will look great in my car").

I am running OLSD... I was looking into buying the CD, but as others have mentioned, its a bit too much.
    If the CD would show me how to get rid of cold start surging, cold start 18.0 A/F, decel surging at a stop, etc I would buy it..
    If I could get a quarantee that the CD would show me how to fix my problems I would buy it, otherwise ill just keep reading and trying to understand and use the trial and error adjustments. WOT, it runs like araped ape.

I pair 600 for a "performance shop" to tune my car 3 years, it ran like shit ever since and I dont think it was linked to crappy equipment.

Do you have aftermarket injectors? If so, I'm well sure that some of your issues may be due to incorrect injector calibration. You'd be shocked to know how important it is to input ALL the correct injector calibration data. Everything starts here in the tuning process, then the the MAF and SD tuning. Otherwise the tune literally becomes a raping contest.

Do you have aftermarket injectors? If so, I'm well sure that some of your issues may be due to incorrect injector calibration. You'd be shocked to know how important it is to input ALL the correct injector calibration data. Everything starts here in the tuning process, then the the MAF and SD tuning. Otherwise the tune literally becomes a raping contest.
    36ers from FAST... I re-did the calcualtions according to the spread sheet.

Ive been playing around with the B5934, B5935 and B5936 as of yesterday for the cold start surge, it did help so I am going to keep adjusting it and see if it will eliminate it.. I see the B5935 and B5936 set too high so its just bouncing the timing from way low to way high until it smoothes out (after 8 to 10 secs).

Quote Originally Posted by waterbug1999 View Post
    I am running OLSD... I was looking into buying the CD, but as others have mentioned, its a bit too much.
    If the CD would show me how to get rid of cold start surging, cold start 18.0 A/F, decel surging at a stop, etc I would buy it..
    If I could get a quarantee that the CD would show me how to fix my problems I would buy it, otherwise ill just keep reading and trying to understand and use the trial and error adjustments. WOT, it runs like araped ape.

I pair 600 for a "performance shop" to tune my car 3 years, it ran like shit ever since and I dont think it was linked to crappy equipment.
    No one can guaranty results based on what knowledge YOU apply. If you have EFIlLive you have the hardware/software capability to create good and bad tunes for most any late model GM, including yours. Proper tuning is very challenging , tedious and unforgiving. Like training for a marathon.

What Greg is selling, and what you may be missing, is years of proven success demonstrated in "live" methodical manner. The beauty of it is he will patiently lead you through it as many times as it takes to get it right for half the price of a cheap tune.

I have been working with EFIlLive for ~ 8 years and have learned more in the first three viewings the DVD than I ever hoped. Not sure how many more it will take to prepare before I am back on the dyno to retune my car, but with the DVD in my laptop it is like having a personal certified expert consultant available on a moment's notice.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast