Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New beginner's Tuning Guide (DVD) from Calibrated Success

Greg, I have to back you up on the value of knowledge. I've been a technical trainer for the telecommunications industry as well as a salesman, and I can tell you that the two most valuable commodities you can give a client are knowledge and time.

There is an old story about a large chemical plant that was having an issue, so they called in a consultant. After spending a couple of hours walking around, he pointed to a pipe and said they needed a 8 inch check valve on that line. After completing the work, the consultant presented them with a bill for $20,000. The buyer balked at the price and demanded that the bill be itemized. He did so as follows:

1 Eight inch check valve w/ installation $600
    Knowing where to put the check valve $19,400
    World's First Twin Screw Pontiac GTO
    2004 GTO. Blown H/C 408, stage 3 keyboard, billet tires
    2017 Chevy SS with dead hooker is spacious trunk
    2014 Chevy Cruze. MPG queen with my balls in spacious glove compartment.

www.aussiemotive.com

Default No more waiting...

Just a quick update fellas...

The first shipment of DVDs should have arrived at Summit TODAY. Those of you who pre-ordered should see them very soon. Everyone else waiting for them to be listed as "in stock" should see that within the next day or so as Summit updates their system.
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

Cool...
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    ...the scenes" engineering that had to go into place before releasing the DVD. It's also big portion of why the cost is $250 (Summit has it right). Keep in mind that you're also buying professional training here not just some backyard mechanic's how-to guide. I spent a LOT of time putting this knowledge together and have previously only shared it with those who signed up for one of my classes that start out at twice the price. This disc delivers real knowledge that is only currently available from much more expensive sources such as live classes or real world experience as a calibrator on an OEM or high-end aftermarket company. This disc set is far cheaper than your first damaged engine and will go a long way toward making your life easier as a tuner. ...
    IMO: You don't have to spend 1 second justifying that price. To be honest I think it would sell just as many copies if it was even $149 more.
    When I saw the post and clicked to the Summit link I didn't even blink at the price.
    Package the DVD with HPT or EFILive and you are talking about a grand slam tuner deal worth every penny.
    In comparison I think at work we just spent about 2 times that on an online Matlab training class that was literally nothing more than a hosted video.
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    2007 Saturn SKY 2.4L Automatic - E67
    EFILive Tuned

For, for at least GM ( I am not up to speed on others, but he probably is), Greg is the ultimate teacher. No off the wall concepts, just solid science, explained in practical medthodology. If you tune modified engines you need to really understand the science so you understand how the modifcations relate to and influence the tuning process. The book and cources are unversally aclaimed so the DVD should be the ultimate resource for both HPT and EFIlive.

I sell 100mm MAF components there are damn few folks who really can or will, take the time to properly calibrate a MAF. Same for SD, if you skip or flub a step, it is hopelssly wrong..
    There is a lot at stake in tuning, more than we can afford to overlook.

I hope we can all get back to the science of tuning when there is a universal reference source like Greg's DVD.

IMO,
    Bruce

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by scdyne View Post
    Package the DVD with HPT or EFILive and you are talking about a grand slam tuner deal worth every penny.
    If I'm not mistaken, Summit already sells EFILive so it would be pretty easy to get everything with a single phone call and world class service from a trusted distributor.

Thank you for the kind words, Bruce. Hopefully, training people on the science behind tuning is a big part of what makes it easier to use products like your new MAF successfully.

Good parts + good tuning practices = great performance!
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

Good parts + good tuning practices = great performance!
    Nicely summarized...

I checked my status on Summit today and it showed that my disk shipped today....Hopefully I will get it early next week.
    03 z06 auto
    ver7.5.5 custom OS5
    415 ci
    239/255 .624 lift LSr grind
    16psi
    Meth injection
    PLX WB02

Default Thats a great Idea from a sales and marketing guy!

That is a great idea. I have dial up so let me know when it is available so I can go somewhere and down load it.
    Good luck with that and I again think that could really help allot.
    98 tigershark

The process is the same whether you're using HPT or EFIlive when tuning. The only difference should be the screens/labels you see in the different windows interfaces. At the end of each section, I show where to find the equivalent tables in the EFILive software. I just didn't go through setting up the custom PIDs/Tables in the EFILive logging tool, since I figure that's already been covered well enough in the help files and on this forum already. What's really important on the DVD is:

1) The PROCESS for properly tuning injectors, MAF, and VE in open loop, and...
    2) The EFILive specific injector values that are formatted for direct entry into your software for a bunch of popular applications.

I'll be shipping this week. I have the data discs done for the first batch and DVDs are burning tonight.
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

Hey Greg,
    That is good news. Have you looked at "How to tune and modify engine management systems" By Jeff Hartman. Some of these guys are the godfathers of tuning and still have knowledge about tuning that only there years of experience at a very high level can have.
    It also has a very decent formula for computing IBPWS at peak torque, MBT and the basic s and advanced areas of spark curves and on and on. It does not show the use of one particular tuning tool but does get into the GM PCMs. It is the best single book I have found and I have read almost everything I can get my hands on. I am a torque guy and like to tune for such and timing does affect torque allot as you know. So I am looking forward to reading your courses and cant wait.
    Good Luck and check into Jeff Hartman if you have time.
    98 tigershark
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast